looking for a part number

bluefoxamazone

Hi friend from Düsseldorf!! In the meantime i have found some numbers but i would like to have confirmation that they are correct...

righthand: 1456227 left hand:1456228

any help is highly appreciated!

keep it healthy and beat the virus!

Franky

Belgium

21 minutes ago, bluefoxamazone said:

Hi friend from Düsseldorf!! In the meantime i have found some numbers but i would like to have confirmation that they are correct...

Franky

Belgium

Since you live across the pond the first thing that I suggest that you purchase is a parts manual for your car because this will answer you question and will also answer your question when looking for other parts.  A parts manual and a service manual are the two basic manuals that every antique car owner needs to have available when restoring or working on an antique car.  You do not need an original there are numerous photo copies that can be purchased.

I am not trying to be mean with this answer but if you already had the book you would know the answer to your question.

Rich

2 hours ago, bluefoxamazone said:

Franky

Belgium

I have a ‘53 Plymouth and according to my parts book those are the correct numbers. 

A4BD8883-D75C-42A9-8B91-5B35B8A4601C.jpeg.41d0bf65d76c6e45dba4d33a10e65f9c.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, greg g said:

Are yours missing?  If they are dinged up or bent, with as much metal craft as has been shown by our EU members, you should be able to find some one who can straighten and polish the back to good appearance.

The one shown in his picture doesn't look too bad and an excellent candidate for the "pick and file" approach.

I had ones on my '51 Dodge business coupe project that were a lot worse than that and they turned out fine after picking, filing, and buffing was done. It must have taken me 100 hours to do all the stainless side trim and grille on the car but well worth the effort. The one shown was particularly bad to start.

IMG_1646.JPG.7ee7006757cddd3fe33b5ec7657241dd.JPG

Edited by RobertKB
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, desoto1939 said:

Since you live across the pond the first thing that I suggest that you purchase is a parts manual for your car because this will answer you question and will also answer your question when looking for other parts.  A parts manual and a service manual are the two basic manuals that every antique car owner needs to have available when restoring or working on an antique car.  You do not need an original there are numerous photo copies that can be purchased.

I am not trying to be mean with this answer but if you already had the book you would know the answer to your question.

Rich

The service manual is no problem. I have been using this for a couple of years, but I was never able to get me a copy of the parts book ...(there was also never a need for since my car is fairly complete.) I am restoring cars an motorcycles for over 30years and you are right... without the books, it is very hard to do. So if someone has a parts book for the '53 Cranbrook convertible... I am interested...

I don't know if they ever produced a parts book just for the 53 convert.....some or all specific convert parts MAY be listed in the regular repair & parts  books. 

Somewhere in my travels, I found a 3 or 4 page section on convertible specific parts for a '47 P-15.  It may have originally been in of one of those huge parts

books they had on the counter at a dealership back then.  I either bought my convert pages on ebay or at a swap meet.      You might check for such pages

with Neil Riddle ---SEAPLYM on ebay).  Also check with Dodge B 4 YA here on the forum -- a very knowledgeable man.

• Thanks 1

Hurray this must be my lucky day.... I found a parts book for my car....??

I got a quote for it.. so for a mere 220 USD I am all set...?

image.png.013a8bbbb9823581b2b5da55f45dc613.png

????

Still hoping someone will make some copies of the pages on my car...

I guess they think we Europeans have no clue what the value of money is...

Greetings from Belgium!!

Franky