Fitting aftermarket heater

So i thought i would share a little modification i think may help someone. 
My 51 fargo, near as i can tell never had a heater, as defroster ducts were non existant. 
wife found a compact heater on a site called wish,$69.

so i proceeded to mount it,and decided to put a water valve on it. Cable operated from a mid 70’s dodge pickup. Next was switching it. As i didnt want to bore another hole in dash, i decided to think outside the box. Cable pulled slightly and fan will come on,and temp can be regulated by opening valve more or less.

ED646A52-CACF-47FB-B177-65499D8BD48F.jpeg

586DBA19-BC4B-4310-ABFD-E163F966F2A7.jpeg

• Like 1

NICE, I don't see the switch, but I get what you are doing.

Always wondered about that WISH site, prices seem too good to be true sometimes.

Looks like you scored.

7 hours ago, billrigsby said:

NICE, I don't see the switch, but I get what you are doing.

Always wondered about that WISH site, prices seem too good to be true sometimes.

Looks like you scored.

My wife likes browsing those sites,and has no fear of using her card anywhere. Thats my reason to not buy online. Credit card fraud. 
she works in the bank,has no worries about things like that. 

Thought i would add my version of the glove box as well. Some panelling or subfloor i had lating around, a few pieces of what may have been angle brackets from garage door opener kit. And pop rivets. Came out good for 1st attempt. 

C72D0921-61D6-46E8-AD0C-D95787F01AD7.jpeg

• Like 2