D-24 Hood latches

Conn47D24

Help please on this assembly item.

I have searched the forum on this with no success.

Would one of you D24 owners PLEASE take some photos of the hood latches, showing how they attach to the fender?

I need orientation of the latches and close up of the bolts.  Do the latched sit on OR under the fender flange?

Thank you all

Clay

I'll head to the shop once the thunderstorms clear out and get some photos for you, that may be a little while, though.  (Don't let that stop any of you who may have some readily available.)

Edited by Dan Hiebert

Here ya go.  Driver's side.  The passenger side is just mirrored from these.  From the firewall towards the front.  Latches mounted behind the flanges.  Other than lubricating them, I haven't messed with these for at least 25 years.  But if I recall correctly, it is easier to mount each latch separately, install the crossbar onto them, attach the release cable to the crossbar, then install the return spring.  Hope this helps.

DSC_0002.JPG.d684e65ffcbaf657720c64fcbc734838.JPGDSC_0003.JPG.fbb991ecb6e8d737f545a9ee130496f1.JPGDSC_0004.JPG.fac27a82074f1640d9c8f998f812ba96.JPGDSC_0005.JPG.5a981fd113eedb4768bb764f1de6a8de.JPG

• Thanks 1

Yes.  Originally, there is a small loop stamped into the lip of the inner fender, where it rolls up under the outer fender along the top.  Between that first and second fender bolt, from the front.  Above the battery on the drivers side for reference.  Not very obvious, it's only just big enough for the end of the spring to fit in, and that end of the spring should be installed before you put that cross bar on, to save on aggravation.  I vividly recall NOT doing that way back when... 

Not a very good photo, but you can just make out the attachment point.

IMG_0553.JPG.3f27f9bf471290c2aaae328c57b5be5e.JPG  

Edited by Dan Hiebert
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...