New Member 1952 Coronet

cef2lion

What Greg just said about the radio.  Have had similar item before.   The works of the radio are in the firewall box, while

controls are mounted on the dash and connected by the cables.  The knobs change stations and adjust tone and volume (or at least volume).

It was probably installed by the dealership aftermarket.....as were the factory style radios.    At least on 1947 models like my Plymouth, the

antenna was mounted on the drivers side of the cowl....right on the curve.  Don't know where they placed them for newer Dodges.

Don't know about the gadget under left end of the dash...except may be a warning light that the emergency brake is still engaged.  

Is the grease they put on the lower portion of the car coming off.....and did it appear to have preserved things better than no protection?    

On 8/27/2020 at 12:06 PM, cef2lion said:

Got the gas tank drained. Cleaned out the carburetor which wasn't bad at all.

What size and type of socket is it to drain the tank - I’m trying to drain mine as well.  It looks like a huge torx, but I don’t think they made torx till a decade or so later.

1/2" square. as in a standard ratchet.

Start  gently   with breaker bar and then 1/2" ratchet will take care of the job!  ?

DJ

• Like 1

It does look like a large torx but I used a short 1/2 breaker bar an bumped it. 

Not sure on the grease. Metal seems to have faired well under it. Grease seems like it really helped the chrome. We have yet to remove it. 

Red light under left side dash is a round switch. I thought a Emergency brake Light but it only lights with key on an turned clockwise. Will trace an find out in time.