I Drove a Knight Sleeve Engine Car!

keithb7

A pretty neat, once in a lifetime experience for me. I met a fellow who owns a 1910 Russel CCM car. Made in Canada. The car has a Knight engine in it. He took my wife and I for a ride, and then offered me to drive his car. I was surprised and quickly took him up on his offer. It was an experience I won't soon forget.

The car ran great and did not smoke. Plenty of torque. I was quite impressed. The car performed much better than I expected. I don't know the size of this Knight engine, but it was a good match for this massive car. What a thrill!

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 3

That would have been a great experience. Nice to see a brass era car that the owner is not afraid to actually drive on today's roads. Most are trailered everywhere to put on show and not driven much.

Thanks for the video!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I believe it was the first RH drive vehicle I’ve ever operated. I’d never thought about that until now.  I guess I’d have to say it felt seamless. Natural. I never even noticed. I suppose I was pretty ecstatic about getting the opportunity to dive 110 year old car. Additionally it had a sleeve Knight engine.  How often does an average Joe get to do that? I could have been dragging a lassoed pair of garbage dumpster bins. I’d likely have not noticed that either. 

• Thanks 1