carb part

belvedere

Carter BBS carb.  I have a spare screw I could mail you. Could take a while though. I am in Canada. Is the postal system in the USA currently bogged down?

Edited by keithb7
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sniper said:

all else fails you can get these kinds of things from the link below.

https://carburetion.walkerproducts.com/carter/carter-carburetor-kit-1bbl-bbs/

Of course the part you need is out of stock, lol.

Yeah, I had checked into that, and from what they tell me the part is no longer available and will not be. ?

Well, that's called a shouldered bolt or screw.  My local Ace carries a selection and you may be able to find something that will work, won't look the same but it will work.

Grainger has a wider selection though.

https://www.grainger.com/category/fasteners/socket-screws-and-set-screws/shoulder-screws

I went to the local Fastenal, which has the widest selection in our town, and they didn't have a replacement.  Close, but not close enough. They had nothing closer available to order, either.

Believe me, coming on here and bothering other members for one was not my first choice! ?  But, I'm very grateful that Keith stepped forward with his offer.

Edited by belvedere

Find a screw that fits.   Make a sleeve from tubing that fits or drill out a sleeve from round stock.  Assemble ...done.  

Or.....

Chuck an oversize screw in drill.  File in a shoulder.   File in a shank.  Thread the shank.   Assemble....done.