2 questions

DJK

Had a soft tire the other day, valve stem leak, removed it, has an oval shaped hole. Did a search found Milton #476 valve stem. Is this a suitable replacement or is there others? Also, would like to know suitable wheel color, did they match the vehicle??? Wheels are all black except spare, that is red. Car was originally light blue I believe, now grey.

Thanks guys

I think once you get into the little newer cars that came with full wheel covers they painted them black across the board as you can't see most of the wheel anyway

My 51 dodge has the originals spare wheel And it has it is matched to the body color.  But they used the small centerpiece hubcaps.  How it has the. Full wheel covers so you don't see much of it. 20200801_162945.jpg.3d6e14a3a67007810e50db8705ae8f30.jpg

I used Milton 476 on my Plymouth wheels. The center section of the valve stem was thicker than my wheels were, so I carefully dressed them down. They worked fine and most importantly they don't leak. 

• Like 1

I use metal valve stems on all five of our D24's wheels.  Only the spare is the Milton 476.  That was mainly because it, too, has an oval hole.  Unknown just why, it's not worn out or anything.  Been so long I don't recall what brand is on the others.  "Suitable color" is in the eyes of the owner, of course accompanied by the opinions of beholders...  Our D24 was originally Fortress Grey, the original rims (there were two left when we got it) were a dark red, the spare was black, but I don't know if it is original.  I believe there were various options on wheel colors - contrasting with car, matching car, a few shades different than the car.  I've seen all of those represented as original, and they all look good, but I prefer contrasting wheels.  ("Ho red" as one esteemed contributor calls them, "Crack rims" as my brother, a retired State Trooper, calls them...)    

• Like 2