Dodge '41 3w perfect barn find

Will Karshapers

As the first "negative" poster, I probably should have clarified my firm belief that a guy can do whatever he wants with his own car.  I have an appreciation for both stock and modified cars as well, having owned many (I've owned 85 cars) of each throughout the years.  To me, though, when a car has survived 40, 50, 60, 70, 80+ years unmolested, it's just kind of a shame to see that change.  I suppose I need to, along with recognizing that we each have the right to do what we want with our cars, remember that a car is simply an amalgam of steel, plastic, textiles, rubber and glass and that, irrespective of its history, has no soul, no rights of its own and is subject to the whims of gear-heads and car guys of all stripes.

Have at `em!

_

Edited by Hamilton
typo

Let me jump in, If you love it I love it!

Everything that was modified can be unmodified ... Will was very contentious about this, and I love seeing the skill level and results.

Where Will lives, not so easy to come  by a car such as this. Here in the USA, we might find a car in such great shape, And we think we have to save it in original condition.

Then we go out and buy same car in poor condition for $500-$1k and do anything we want to it and nobody cares. We saved it from the scrap man.

I just do not think Will has the same options or opportunities as we do. He has to use what is available.

Lets be honest, if you own a car and it is not what you want ... but you are not allowed to make it what you want ... just a pile of wasted time and money, you may respect it but you wont love it.

Personally I would not want the car, not my style ... let someone else save it ... Last car I owned was 36 years ago. When I was 22 and my wife & I dated, we went to dinner and a movie in a Dodge 1 ton dually. Our honeymoon we took the CJ5. Trucks or vans, no cars in my stable

I just hope Will wont look to bad on the forum from the dog pile of purist for his choices. I think he made a car he loves and will take care of.

• Like 2

As others have said its a personal choice and life would be very boring if we all had red 1932 Frods........I'm a hot rodder but appreciate any car, stock , custom or rodded, my 1940 Dodge has been a hot rod since 1973, only 47 yrs so its starting to get used to the idea, the 1941 Plymouth Coupe I had was an older restoration and after tidying it up, yep, I dropped the front & back 2" and swapped the stock wheels & tyres for what you see..........a hot 230 was also planned but life changed so I sold the Plymouth and have regretted it since but thats how things go.........Will is in a similar situation to a lot of us on here, we are scattered all over the world but have a strong interest is playing with US cars and where we live makes it hard to have both types of cake......so we try to make the one cake suit a number of ideas and ideals........keep at it Will...........we all appreciate the car just from different perspectives.........regards, Andy Douglas 

P1000695 (800x600).jpg

IMG_1355.JPG

• Like 3

On 8/17/2020 at 6:31 PM, Will Karshapers said:

Recently own this Dodge d19 3w 1941

I'm the second owner , the car come from Georgia US and never run since 1982 

Original paint with perfect patina (no Fake) 

The car run good just little adjustement IMG_20200713_194006.jpg.8ce19e6c1bf1757e722b9dd54b6ade54.jpgIMG_20200713_193945.jpg.ea624a75e38f79723f56b90163e5092f.jpgIMG_20200713_193945.jpg.ea624a75e38f79723f56b90163e5092f.jpg

IMG_20200713_194027.jpg

Will, I'm curious how you came about this car being it was in Georgia U.S. and you are in France? Did you purchase it site unseen and have it shipped?

• 3 weeks later...

One spring not set proper in the pocket?

DJ

On 8/20/2020 at 9:34 AM, Plymouthy Adams said:

This poor guy getting beat up here pretty badly....nothing done so far that cannot be undone....the old American car culture in Europe is far different from here with some exception of the HAMB and the way they view and build their so-called traditional rods.   95% of this group would probably not like his music or his clothes, I know I would not....we all do not build cars the same way...many here don't build but only buy or pay for work done and their total input to the hobby is fueling the beast at the gas pump and later passing gas at a cruise in.  Little more tolerance is needed here...at least he is working a Dodge and keeping it flathead.....rather see this than a bunch of misfit ragtag skankmobiles on the craigslist page that are not even mopar....we got daily running threads on non-mopar cars here which in my opinion do not belong but some of our members are not as brand loyal as others....I forgive them their error....

Couldn't agree more.

Now,if he were to top the chop,but a chrome SBC in it, and paint it purple...............

To Will,are you telling us you found this car in a barn in France???

Some guys got all the luck!

Edited by knuckleharley

On 8/20/2020 at 12:47 PM, PT81PlymouthPickup said:

SBC and Turbo 400 next?  ? We hope not!  Lols! 

Here's one that might aggravate some purists. 

Purple is always a GREAT color to paint your car.

Until the second week it's purple.

By the 4th week,you will find yourself leaving it hidden in the garage and riding the bus to work to avoid looking at it. 

I like the original best but again personal choice.

I'm more interested in the pit and lights underneath the original pictures.

Is that your garage? I have been thinking of building a pit for my garage to easily work on my car without installing a lift? I can't quite tell from the pictures whether it's just vanity lights, or a pit that the car is rolled over.