Dodge '41 3w perfect barn find

Will Karshapers

You won't want to hear it but this car deserves to be left alone, the way it was originally designed and built.  While not exactly criminal, it's certainly a shame to see your first steps with this cool old car - it already looks way, way worse.

_

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

You won't want to hear it but this car deserves to be left alone, the way it was originally designed and built.  While not exactly criminal, it's certainly a shame to see your first steps with this cool old car - it already looks way, way worse.

_

I totally agree. Poor old girl looks like she’s dragging her butt. She looks best in the earlier pictures. If the car is as original as stated, it’s a shame to molest it. 

• Like 3

I don't care a lick for the squat in the arse look....but I also agree it is his car and even if a permanent change don't affect me at all.....I neither have to drive it or look at it...now if he puts ho red wheels on it....all bets are off....I may have to see my voodoo high priestess out on a not to be named southern barrier island.

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only one problem-

They are installed upside down!   ???

As long as a certified welder did the welds and you keep the speeds under 120 KPH all is good!

DJ

• Haha 1

This poor guy getting beat up here pretty badly....nothing done so far that cannot be undone....the old American car culture in Europe is far different from here with some exception of the HAMB and the way they view and build their so-called traditional rods.   95% of this group would probably not like his music or his clothes, I know I would not....we all do not build cars the same way...many here don't build but only buy or pay for work done and their total input to the hobby is fueling the beast at the gas pump and later passing gas at a cruise in.  Little more tolerance is needed here...at least he is working a Dodge and keeping it flathead.....rather see this than a bunch of misfit ragtag skankmobiles on the craigslist page that are not even mopar....we got daily running threads on non-mopar cars here which in my opinion do not belong but some of our members are not as brand loyal as others....I forgive them their error....

• Like 7

Will, you new here...not sure if you are aware of the PM (private message) feature....look at the upper right hand corner of the forum just left of your user name....the white envelope should show a red number indicating you have an incoming item of mail....just a couple pics of my 41 Dodge bz cp..

I look at it this way, not my car.

Unless someone wants to buy it from him and "rescue" it then it's not your car either.  What he does to it is his perogative. 

I can admire the effort someone like Keith puts into to his rides as well as the work the OP is doing and anything in between. 

I can appreciate the workmanship that goes into someone putting their own look on a vehicle even if that would not have been where I went and for those of you not liking the squat look, you missed where he dropped the spindles too.  Keep up the good work Will, I look forward to seeing where you go with it.

• Like 2

An opinion somewhere in the middle on this debate:  Being a resto-rod kind of guy, I've made many mods to my truck. Have done so without doing anything irreversible. The purist in me relates to those wanting to preserve an especially pristine original vehicle. Ultimately however, it's just like life. Lot's of people doing stuff we may not agree with. As long as no one is getting hurt it's our prerogative. That said, on some of the street rod shows I've seen, perfect original and restored vehicles get irreversibly chopped up and modified by professional builders for clients with too much money creating overpowered abortions. Build them from wrecked or rusty hulks and build it yourself if you are a real street rodder.   Should be a law!  Write your representatives! Lols!

Honestly it's disappointing to see reactions like this to somebody saving any old MOPAR from its grave...  Regardless of the stance or any cosmetic modification, it is still on the road being seen and appreciated by all.  As an owner of an original stock 50 Plymouth and a 51 Plymouth with a 350/350 combo and lowered a few inches, I feel the love in having both.  I agree with having an unmolested original stock car and a more fun to drive slightly more modern car.  The appreciation comes in it being a Plymouth or Dodge or whatever owner.  Keep up the good work Will, can't wait to see it when it is finished up.

• Like 3