HOME Stretch

Conn47D24

Clay:  I know that is a very special feeling getting behind the wheel after the long restoration of this car. It has been a long journey. I know you will get to enjoy more driving in this beautiful coupe.  I am also glad that I was able to loan you some of the miller tools to get the car back onto the road.

Keep all of us posted as you make the finishing adjustments.

Rich Hartung

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, desoto1939 said:

Clay:  I know that is a very special feeling getting behind the wheel after the long restoration of this car. It has been a long journey. I know you will get to enjoy more driving in this beautiful coupe.  I am also glad that I was able to loan you some of the miller tools to get the car back onto the road.

Keep all of us posted as you make the finishing adjustments.

Rich Hartung

Rich,  the tools were invaluable. So much so I've bought many of my own since !

Your front suspension Miller  Tools really got me started !

Conn47D24,  congratulations on your car... it looks great.  I working on my door glass right now and noticed you referenced 41 Plymouth Mark's videos.  Do you know where I can find these videos?  Thanks.  Dave

• Thanks 1

Oh yes, I wasn't aware that Mark was the guy behind the videos on the ihazwings channel.  I've watched all of his videos (several of them more than once).  Thanks.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

It's not too late to come out on the P15 tour of the Fingerlakes in NY.  Get some shake down miles on it and come on over Sept 16 to 19.

A group of us 5 or six will be traveling from the Syracuse area to Canandagua on Thursday morning.  Two or three from New England plan to travel from MA. NH,  to Albany on Wednesday afternoon.

Car looks great.  

• Thanks 1

Not sure how far along your upholstery is Clay but something you may consider if you are installing seatbelts. Try mocking them up first, before having your front seat finished. I omitted this and am probably stuck with having to use non retractable seat belts on my 38 D9 Dodge. If I had addressed this before getting my seat upholstered in leather, I may have made the effort to shorten the width of the front seat to allow for retractable seatbelts. Maybe worth considering. .....?

• Like 1

Still haven't contacted a shop yet but I'm ready now.

Two close enough to chance driving too.

Hope one can fit me in soon.

Yes, seat belts are on my list. Retractable would be nice too.

Pete, what do you mean by shorting the seat width?

The front seat on my vehicle basically sits between the two b pillars  and doesn't leave enough room either on the bottom of the pillar or the floor to accommodate the retractable fittings. If I realized this before getting the upholstery done I would have considered cutting out maybe 2 - 3 inches from the middle of the seat frame and squab. Then the retractable fittings would have had room to fit in the space gained. Am going ahead with non retractable seatbelts for the present because of this. If it really bugs me into the future I may relook at altering the seat.......just not yet. My vehicle is different to yours though. You may have room for the retractable fittings anyway. Worth checking before upholstery is done though.....if it is important to you....

Have looked through the forum for seatbelt ideas and can't find a solution for my vehicle without altering the seat width between the two pillars.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good!  Yeah, sometimes a "nudge" is needed to line things up.  For consideration; this may seem a PIA, but it'll save on the need for cussing later.  If you have already tightened up all the body nuts, bolts, etc. on that front end, you may want to consider going back and loosening everything up a tad.  Still tight enough to hold, but loose enough to move things around.  Then make your alignments, adjustments, etc.  Once you're satisfied, then go in and tighten everything back up. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I do have a question, with all that chrome and shiny bits on the dash, how do you keep the sunlight from glaring in your eyes?

My work truck has a small chrome emblem right in the middle of the horn pad and on occasion the sunlight will hit it just right and I get it in the eye.  I usually just toss a microfiber towel over the horn pad in that instance. 

• Haha 1