HOME Stretch

Conn47D24

Clay: It is looking so great to see the body in a color.  If you need any miller special tools please let me know what ever you need.  Take your time when butting all of the items back on the body do not rush.

Also consider using plastic body clips for the molding becasue when they go into the holes inthe body to lessenthe chance of chipping the paint and the other part is that you will not ever get any rust marks fromthye steel after washing the car. I did than kn omy 39 Desoto 24 years ago and no issues with the molding clips.  Go to a good quality automotive paint store and search their supply. 

Also since the car has been repainted you might lose some of your grounds for the lights, taillight etc so look to see where you can make a second additional grounding wire in these areas. Also suggest that you use star washers to make a good ground where you have new paint.

Put on a 6v positive ground electrical fuel pump.

Let me know how you are proceeding witht he car.

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Make sure you have excellent grounding at all electrical components.

Paint is really pretty and excellent at preventing electrical grounding.

Which causes electrical issues in a lot of restorations.

• Like 1

Wonderful progress, paint is beautiful, the trim is exquisite looking on there. But I do have a question.......it looks to me like you are using the original 70 year old wire, if so I sure would hate to see all your work for nothing if the car burns to the ground.

Edited by Frank Elder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Frank,

Back in the late 80s I sent my original harness to Rhode Island Wiring and they made me a new one.

I stored it with the car.  Then installed the engine section last year to start the engine after rebuild. 

Some color fade for sure, and dust from the body work, but working fine.

Ill be testing all wires as I build the dash,  and before I finish interior.

I plan to feed extra runs of wires to all covered interior and trunk areas just in case.

Thank you for taking a close look, I appreciate a 2nd and more sets of eyes here.

???

• Like 3

Very nice progress.  Although I may be a bit weird in that I kinda like the disassembled look of works in progress, I can hardly wait to see it when it's done.  Not that I'm partial to D24's or anything... 

• Haha 1

Last night, one easy task, gas filler neck.

Also one more detailed,  wiring blocks.

Wiring break down chart from RI Wiring came with my harness.  Invaluable in helping as is has the color and gage. Unlike the diagram.

Both came in handy. 

IMG_20200901_171417.jpg

IMG_20200901_164146.jpg

IMG_20200901_164136.jpg

Edited by Conn47D24
Repeat post by mistake
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1