1/2 ton and 3/4 beds

Ooobie

Ok im a new member been reading posts here for awhile now so thought i would join,but im confused about something ,what is different about a 1/2 ton bed with 116 wb and 3/4 ton with 120 wb i have a great 41 3/4 ton but it has a flatbed of wood,but i bought a 46 1/2 ton to get the bed off of it ,what do i need to make the bed off of the 46 fit the 41 with a different wheelbase,or is it not even possible ,i will probably be asking a few questions over time because between my love for the older trucks,i get confused and need a little poke.

Its a tough call. 
Lots of options,shorten frame/wheelbase to suit the box.

stretch the box using another donor box to provide the sheet metal. This is my plan for putting a short box on a long box chassis. 
Or find a box to fit the 120 wheelbase. 
a filler could be made between box/cab as well with some creativity. 

I believe the only difference for a 41 is length. The newer trucks also got wider beds. For yours you will have to cut and weld or bend new sides and transfer the stake pockets over. Probably the easier way to go unless the bed you have is really nice

Ok after seeing results giving to me,is it possible to put 41 engine 218 and cab fenders etc etc etc of 41 to 46 frame leaving the bed and running boards on 46 I believe engine in 1/2 is 201 will 218 basically bolt to 46 trans,I will post pics when I figure out how to do it.