Car Show August 9 2020

T120

This morning I drove to a town close to home that among other activities this weekend held a car show,(first one I've been to this year as so many events have been cancelled).
While the show was scaled down a bit this year, (no judging, live entertainment,nor vendors), it was nice to see a good turn out of cars,probably a couple of hundred.There was ample space where the cars were on display and no crowding at all,weather was good, and I quite enjoyed the day.There was a number of Chrysler vehicles.I took a few photos.
(1)This1938 Plymouth appeared solid,was nicely reupholstered, and while the car has been brush painted with the brush strokes quite visible,the old Plymouth has character and I'm sure the owner is thoroughly enjoying his ride.
(2)The 1942 Chrysler Barrel Back is a car I have seen before and I always stop by to enjoy another look and chat with the owner.
(3)The very nice Fargo truck appeared modified.The owner wasn't around when I stopped by.
(4)The 426 Charger appears to be a flawless high end restoration...

2141310154_Claresholm2020(1).JPG.cc780d47face2e7f51d426807f2beb26.JPG2101869832_Claresholm2020(2).JPG.4381e17caf660fffdc8e5e100525e57e.JPG

1752881875_Claresholm2020(3).JPG.8d49b39f57e00e0a75c59ab7e9d0ef3f.JPG

1998553072_Claresholm2020(4).JPG.a2c559bbf9c041c66300e589d665af1f.JPG

• Like 1

Nice, thanks for sharing!  Our local car club voted not to have our annual car show the end of August, we usually have between 150 and 200 cars show up, and a really good time is had.  A good half of the attendees are traditionally from Canada, and that border has been shut down to non-essential travel.  We couldn't convince US or Canadian authorities that a good ol' car show is essential...

sometimes it looks like I am nit picking but at so many shows and cruise in over all these years and the car look like it was newly minted from the outside and then you open them compartments to like of ratty tatty wiring and carpet matting paint etc....I have to walk away as it is just beyond my ability to wrap my head around why the outside is so important and the wiring that is keeping it running and the safeties in place (lights etc) get no attention to detail whatsoever.  I am sure the last 3 hours of the polishing that went into the prep to show, 2  hours of it was overkill and well 5 minutes would have dressed that wiring...

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

Dan,With so many events cancelled this year I was surprised this show was held as scheduled...Was in Claresholm,Alberta and arranged by a local car club.While the town of Claresholm is not very big, it is located on a major highway here in southern Alberta.? 

This is a  photo from 5 years ago showing the 1942 Barrel Back, coincidentally at the same show in August of that year .Must have been a popular colour for this model...?

1035280444_BarrelBack.jpg.8051dec6397e8fca392e5d75fec3c8c4.jpg

2 hours ago, T120 said:

This is a  photo from 5 years ago showing the 1942 Barrel Back, coincidentally at the same show in August of that year .Must have been a popular colour for this model...?

1035280444_BarrelBack.jpg.8051dec6397e8fca392e5d75fec3c8c4.jpg

Very nice and interesting car but to me the fender skirts do nothing for it. I've never been a fan of fender skirts. The other similar barrel back shown above does not have them and looks better to me. 

• Thanks 1

The skirts look like a "Western Auto" tacky add on.

A T&C Barrel Back has more than enough prestige and certainly does not need anymore bling.

Each to his own though.

I have to agree with any most all overlay skirts...maybe two I have seen look good but those were full cruiser skirts that helped a pretty ugly design to start with.  Those designed with a gasket and fit to the wheel opening...that is another beast.....and even then, application application application....not all are equal in style and fit to give blanket immunity.   I thought I wanted skirts on my build but after getting them...went the other way....ditched the sun visor and a few  other totally overdone features that get hung on these cars....decided to be my own person and let my car show as such.