Alternator ground: negative or positive?

Have a 1952 B-3-F with an alternator.  Wondering how to determine if it is negative or positive ground.  Thank you.

20200803_201006.jpg

20150906_184627.jpg

20200803_201020.jpg

20200803_201043.jpg

20200803_201053.jpg

20200803_201114.jpg

Thinking it's part of an earlier 12-volt conversion. Appears to have ballast resistors on the firewall. Will get some photos of them today.  Thank you.

Check the battery terminals, coil connections, and ammeter connections for a clue to what may have been done for polarity.

• Thanks 1

Ballast resistors on firewall.  No battery.

20200805_113806.jpg

20200805_113858.jpg

Delco Remy, Chevy Alternator, I'd bet a case of beer that is a 12 volt negative ground. Can you find a model number on the alt. anyplace? A good partsman should beable to tell you from that if it is an oddball. I'd (and I'm by no means an expert) make sure everything is off (no idea what you might have for accessories,) and hook it up to a 12 volt battery negative ground and see what happens, worse thing is if it is wrong you might pop the diode in the alt.  just sort of touch the ground and see what happens so you can disconnect it quick if it actualy is a positive ground alt.

• Thanks 1

Check for numbers on the Alt. and counter check them against this site https://alternatorparts.com/6-volt-alternators-negative-positive-ground.html their alternators look like Delco Remys! not sure what part of the world you are in, but in my part of the world on a working truck, I'd still bet on it being a chevy alt stuck in there. 

• Thanks 1