Holley Sniper !!!!

derbydad276

The big issue is can one run two of them on an dual manifold. Remember that the Dodge Engineers found that a dual exhaust when combined with a manifold that had two evenly spaced holes really made a difference in the output. 

If they did this then my work on FI for my new 265 would be a LOT easier.

James

• Like 1

remains to be seen how the actual fitment on our stuff works out.  Since I went the microsquirt route and already bought most of the stuff needed I'll pass, going dual 1bbl TBI on a Thickstun intake.  Be interesting how fuel delivery is handled, been mulling that over in my mind for a bit.

Last winter I spoke with these guys https://affordable-fuel-injection.com/  about doing an EFI system for the 230 in my Coronet ...

they basically said if it burns gas ... they can make a system ...

they even said they could adapt a distributor to our engines that could even have computer spark control ....

But ... the problem was PRICE !!! over $1500.00 plus options 

With the Sniper system my guess the price will be around $800 .. with the added benefit of the tuner screens tach ,  air fuel ration,volt & temp displays 

my guess the system will work with a Pertronix  box or one of Langdons diizzy's 

add a Tanks Inc fuel pump kit and its running for under a grand 

I don't think there is anyway you will be under $1k if the Sniper starts at $800, the cheapest Tanks retrofit kit I saw is $225. 

I am right at $1400 for my microsquirt conversion and I believe I have everything I need, from controller to fuel delivery to electronic ignition setup as side from random hardware to mount stuff.  But if is definitely not a plug and play setup.  I don't think $1500 is out of line for someone else to do a custom built kit, mind you my cost is including a new Thickstun dual 1bbl intake and dual throttle bodies so it is a bit more than a single like the Holley. 

I am to the done with setting up the intake, throttle bodies, injectors, fuel rail, air cleaners and assort sensors that go with the intake, MAP, TPS, AIC.  I need to drill a hole in my Edgy head and relocate the water temp gauge sensor so I can use that the existing hole for my CTS for the microsquirt.  Initially I will use the points distributor to signal the MS until I get it running to my satisfaction, then I will convert to electronic ignition.  Need to install the split exhaust manifolds so I can get the exhaust system plumbed and the wideband O2 sensor located.  Which I still need to buy, sigh.  Eventually, I will probably add in a E85 sensor in the fuel delivery system and a second MAP sensor so the computer can adjust for ethanol in the gas and changing elevations.  But those are nice to have but not needed to run things that can wait as I sort out everything to my liking. 

I thought on that, the Edgy head relocated the heater outlet and the fairly long sensor the MS requires will probably clean, on a stock head I think it would bottom out before it sealed.  But as for needing a heater, yo';d be surprised, especially to keep the windshield clear, I drive it year round regularly so I do want to keep the heater.

Sniper, do let me know when you get this running...

The Covid-19 thing has pushed back my plans as I have been spending a good part of my day driving my wife to work and doing laundry every day she works.  Taking care of an ICU RN who is taking care of Covid-19 Patients is a 1/2 time job in itself.

My extra time to work on my EFI project is going into that. I hope that you can be bought to get a copy of the fuel map :-)

James

I do plan to get the Tuner Studio version that does the self tuning stuff, no problem sharing the maps I might come up with, though where I live real cold weather tuning is not likely to happen.  It rarely, if ever gets below zero, F.

18 hours ago, Sniper said:

I do plan to get the Tuner Studio version that does the self tuning stuff, no problem sharing the maps I might come up with, though where I live real cold weather tuning is not likely to happen.  It rarely, if ever gets below zero, F.

San Francisco never sees anything but 65F year around :-)

• Like 1