1953 Dodge interior samples?

John32369

Did they ever produce interior fabric swatches for the 53 Meadowbrook similar to the way they did with paint chips? Like a page with the different types and colors of materials?

This is a 1952 Dodge car paint and upholstery book that shows all paint and upholstery combinations for 52 Dodge cars...

I have seen the same on ebay for 1953....they are rare and pricey items...

Upholstery shops back in the day had OEM samples too of the fabrics...

IMG_6507.JPG

IMG_6508.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know if you're looking to buy one or just to know if they're available so you can have a look.   If you're just seeking info, contact SMS auto fabrics in Canby, Oregon.   I went in there years ago (wanted an excuse to ride the old Canby Ferry anyway) to see if they could help with fabric for my `49 Club Coupe.  At the time (and I doubt anything has changed) they had the largest inventory of OEM, NOS fabrics anywhere in the world.  And while they didn't have any fabric available for my car they did have a book of samples.   Better, since I had a good swatch from my old seats, and since the owner of SMS had purchased a defunct textile mill somewhere in the Carolinas, they were able to replicate the colors and pattern of original fabric perfectly, and in the correct broad cloth wool.  Wasn't cheap and it took about six months to get it, but it was worth it to me. 

https://smsautofabrics.com/

_

Edited by Hamilton
typo

9 hours ago, dwest999 said:

I was curious so I went to SMS' website and found that they have four different fabric under '53 Dodge.

image.png.433b28d5c18b85fab42e0ac66bbdd7fc.png

I don’t think either one of those is mine. My interior is vinyl. I did manage to snag 54 interior and paint color book for 60$ though and it’s been helpful.