Redneck Slide Copy'ing

Have over 250 slides from the late 80s documenting the start of my 1 Ton project,

most of the transfer quotes I got have been ridiculous and the time frame is even worse.

Time to take matters into my own hands.................

20200728_181913_1600x1200.jpg.a86595a5b869a577fabf4e4dc2803b4a.jpg

Yes not color corrected, but, digital !  ?

what's wrong with using the slides?  you've got the equipment to keep using them as references.

i've got hundreds of slides, too.  we still get the projector and screen out once in a while to watch a slideshow.  alas, our pictures now are all digital - no new slides being created.

5 minutes ago, wallytoo said:

what's wrong with using the slides?  you've got the equipment to keep using them as references.

Nothing, but I want the 'instant gratification' of what, where, why, how......

click, Oh, now I remember.

Plus do not have a screen any more, my 32" monitor is better than the pull out 4" screen.

I used a digital camera and took properly cropped pictures of the slides positioned over bright white paper.

As Redneck as you can get but works.

Alao...There is a device you can buy to transfer the slide images to your computer too...my brother had one but I've never used it or seen it used.

Edited by Dodgeb4ya