Roof mount radio

I got info from a buddy that lives several hours away that on a farm there is a late 50’s, perhaps 1960 1 ton dodge truck in a field that has a roof mounted radio in it that appears to be factory.
Before I get too excited, did dodge make more than 1 style of roof mount radio?

what years was the model 700 radio available?

i should be getting pictures in a day or so, and obviously I would love this for my 58 Sweptside if appropriate.

i suppose there is the chance it’s an aftermarket radio, but I wasn’t sure if there were different models or eras of factory dodge roof mounted radios.

There is a 57 thru 60 DT 700 series radio on ebay...only $1700....ugly one too.

So I was able to acquire the roof mounted radio out of the 1960 dodge 1 ton truck.

i don’t think it’s the exact correct model 700 radio but it’s pretty close, and I think will look great in the Sweptside once the radio has been restored (as well as the truck!).

my next quest will be to track down a correct looking roof antenna for it; the one on the 1 ton is long gone.

I was told repos pop up from time to time on eBay; if anyone out there has a line on an antenna, let me know!

94ED488C-1810-42DA-A7D0-6BE71628FE72.jpeg

32D8A833-C8B8-46B5-AE98-375895B234A6.jpeg

• Like 1