1939 Plymouth Pickup Motor Mounts

jim6346

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have any pic's of what the engine mount brackets should look like for 

1 1939 Plymouth truck? I have an engine, transmission, but there are no brackets for

the front and rear to mount the engine into the truck. Been trying to piece this back

together for a while now.

Thanks in advance!!

Jim

Get the SVC manaul and it will show you how the front motor mount is bolted to the fron of the engine and the motor ttrans mounts are done at the back of the engine.

A service manual and a parts manual are the basic two manuals that every antique car/truck owner should have so you know how to fix the car/truck and there are also detailed pictures to also help guide you along the process.

Rich HArtung

The front mount goes under the water pump down to the frame. The rear mounts go to the side of the bell housing out to the frame. The actual rubber pieces go between the piece that bolts to the bell and the frame mount. If you go to the truck side you can likely find some pictures. I think I posted some in my 47 Dodge turkey truck build thread

He might have the shop manual but no pictures . I have the shop manual for a 1938 Dodge truck with the supplement used for the 1939 Dodge truck and .... no pictures of the mounts .  I also have the Preliminary Parts List for the 1940 Plymouth truck ... no pics of the mounts . 

Edited by Jerry Roberts

ir does.  but the extra weight of the bell housing did not help much.   39 to 47 "should" all be the same.  earlier trucks used the same front mount but a very rigid rear mount.

22 hours ago, keithb7 said:

Does this qualify as Floating Power? 3 mounts with a centre line diagonally thru the engine. Front to back.

It does and it's actually stamped into the front mount

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone. I managed to find what I think is the correct front mounting bracket 

that PLYMJIM shows in his picture. I can  not find the rear bellhousing to frame mounting

brackets  that Jerry Roberts shows in his pics. Anyone have any idea where to look?

Thanks again everyone for your responses!!

Jim

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/5/2020 at 1:06 PM, jim6346 said:

Thanks everyone. I managed to find what I think is the correct front mounting bracket 

that PLYMJIM shows in his picture. I can  not find the rear bellhousing to frame mounting

brackets  that Jerry Roberts shows in his pics. Anyone have any idea where to look?

Thanks again everyone for your responses!!

Jim

Look at ebay number , he might have more than one .