sneaky brake mechanics

Los_Control

First time I seen this, got a good laugh and thought would share.

Someone added a copper blank into the brake line connection to the right rear wheel cylinder.

I can only assume the wheel cylinders were leaking so they blocked it off instead of fixing.

Seems like a professional fix, the fix I have seen in the past is to cut the line and fold it over.  :P

This time I feel is professional garbage mechanic, cause they took the line loose and inserted a plug and I assume probably needed to bleed them.

But they did not really damage any line or wheel cylinder.

Just different.

0715201242.jpg

I've seen the emergency method used - the flatten the line & bend it over deal.  It was the front left wheel on a 68 Chevy 1/2 ton.  The rubber hose had burst.  It was raining cats & dogs, and we barely made it through before the road flooded & became impassible.  (My dad did it.  Fixed the line before going anywhere with it again.)

18 minutes ago, Eneto-55 said:

I've seen the emergency method used - the flatten the line & bend it over deal.

Yes I have done it myself for one reason or another.

I picture in my mind, previous owner takes it to mechanic to have the leaky wheel cylinders fixed ....  Could just as easy be the previous owners work.

I found it because am cleaning things up waiting on parts. If I had the truck on the rack and just swapping new parts in and connecting lines, would have been easy to miss.

Would not be able to bleed the brakes and start tearing things apart chasing the problem.

On 7/16/2020 at 12:21 PM, Plymouthy Adams said:

sometimes these quick fixes are limp in aides and then the car is parked and not driven again till later passed to next owner....then the discoveries come rolling in...but other than that....we can think of only two things...Red Green or Red Neckerson.

This is a possibility, and you can’t always see the duct tape they leave behind.