1949 chrysler royal bulb cross reference

Jeff I indu

Hi, trying to get my dash lights and turn signals to work. They have not worked since I got the car last fall. The flasher has two hot wires. I know one goes to the hand brake light switch. The other goes to a turn signaI indicator light but not sure where that really is. For now I traced a hot wire that goes to the map light/hand brake light switch and verified it was hot. From there i found a broken wire to the bulb socket but that is now repaired. However the socket is missing the bulb. The book calls for a mazda 1110 bulb or chrysler part 142305. Is there a cross reference chart to a modern 6 volt bulbs? I still have one other broken wire to trace out but one step at a time. I know some of the other bulbs in the dash are bad also but for now  trying to verify I at least have the hand brake light working. They sure don't give you much room under the dash, that's for sure!!

Jeff

At the header at the top of this page, click Downloads, when that opens click reference information at the upper right. There is a bulb pdf. on page 3 that is handy. 

Mazda 1110 is what it calls for

General-Electric-Mazda-Automotive-Lamps-

This is as close as I can find for a replacement, same base, same filament design, same glass bulb, but 5.5v whereas the 1110 is a 6v bulb.  the bulb number is 1184.

CEC1184-2.jpg?v-cache=1428133400

Well, there is no direct replacement since the 1110 bulb is no longer made.  What I did was search for as close a replacement as I could find.  If you wanted to go 12v there was a bulb that would have worked as well.  Generally speaking though, the industry bulb numbers, like 1110 or 1184, are standardized, so if GE or Sylvania or whomever makes a 1184 it's the same as anyone else's 1184, so no cross reference is needed.  It's only when a bulb is no longer made that you have to figure out what might work.  But the nice thing is that the designs are also standardized.   I found the spec sheet for the 1110 bulb

http://www.taillightking.com/images/LightBulbs/LightBulbSpecs/1110L-LightBulb.pdf

Using the info there I was able to find a suitable replacement at bulbtown.com by filtering the offerings by base design, glass design, filament design then found a voltage rating that would work.

Not difficult, but maybe tedious.

This is an old sketch, before Internet pictures were easily available.

maybe You find useful information from it.

As with our very fast traffic, the original combination bulb

brake plus turn plus back light

is not allowed here.

We have to have a separate light chamber for turn signal.

And my weak 6V bulbs did lead into some very difficult

traffic situations, thankfully non of them making an accicdent.

That is why I changed to LED Turn + brake lights, fitted into one half

of the backlight space. I needed a Voltage Regulator plus heat sink

to get optimal results. just resistors didn´t work to give a good performance

in the whole 7,5 - 4,5 V range my car offers. Now brake/turn signal is perfectly visible.

I modified a third brake light too for 6 V, I just clip it under the trunk lid when riding

our fast Autobahns. Pic is in Monte Carlo/ Monaco 2007.

Greettings!

Go

PL_LED Blinker Fotos.jpg

Birnchen Morphologie.jpg

PL_3rd Brake Light KL.jpg

MonteCarlo-MC-2007.JPG