Still have picture posting problem

Andydodge

I just tried to post a picture again after resizing it down 90% to 70kb and I again got the message saying I  have 0MB posting size available.........I have no idea what I have done wrong..........lol........I used to post pics up to 2-300kb in size, now I resize everything by 80-90% to get down to no more than 45Kb but I'm still unable to post............help.............lol.............andyd.

I believe if you go to your profile page, attachments, the blue banner shows your level of quota remaining....you can look and see if there is the message ICON by it is on the forum if there is an envelope it is in your mailbox...both go against your quota.....the envelope messages may be NLA and as such probably no longer viewable due to cleaning out the mailbox but this does not clean the pictures....this is an added step you must do to fix. 

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

10 hours ago, Andydodge said:

I just tried to post a picture again after resizing it down 90% to 70kb and I again got the message saying I  have 0MB posting size available.........I have no idea what I have done wrong..........lol........I used to post pics up to 2-300kb in size, now I resize everything by 80-90% to get down to no more than 45Kb but I'm still unable to post............help.............lol.............andyd.

3 hours ago, P15-D24 said:

You are at 99% of your upload quota.

Andy, You might go into your attachments catalog to see if you can delete photos that are no longer needed. I've seen you post photos of your car many times and if you adding those photos as new attachments each time instead of pulling them out of your existing attachments you are eating up storage every time you post them.

Click on your screen name at the upper right corner, then select 'My Attachments' to see what you have uploaded. You can check the box for unwanted attachments and delete them. 

attachments.jpg.5b1f3b1c82c26f0ac0c0cb91c45f4b21.jpg

Edited by Sam Buchanan

So is it possible to delete pics from my attachments thing...........I don't have any pics stored on any external site, only on my home computer.............andyd

2 hours ago, Andydodge said:

So is it possible to delete pics from my attachments thing...........I don't have any pics stored on any external site, only on my home computer.............andyd

Andy,  you check the box next to each attachment you want to delete and hit the 'Delete' option that pops up. This will delete your attachment on the p15-d24 server, not the image on your home computer. When you add an attachment to one of your posts, it gets stored in 'My Attachments' on the p15-d24 server, and you have filled up your attachments corral and need to thin the herd.   ?

But scroll through your 'My Attachments' and look for attachments that are duplicates and remove them first. As you remove attachments you will see the fuel gauge in 'Attachment Quota' come off the full peg.

attachments.jpg.5b1f3b1c82c26f0ac0c0cb91c45f4b21.jpg

Edited by Sam Buchanan

Sam.........I've gone to the My Attachment page and yep there are all the pics shown but I don't have a "Delete" option anywhere............have looked a couple of times.......will have another look...........andyd 

Andy, what ISO film (100, 200, 400, 800) are you using when taking your pics.....?

12 minutes ago, Andydodge said:

Sam.........I've gone to the My Attachment page and yep there are all the pics shown but I don't have a "Delete" option anywhere............have looked a couple of times.......will have another look...........andyd 

Andy, go back to your attachments and click the box at the right end of an attachment listing that you want to delete. When you click the box a check with appear and a Delete option will appear at the bottom of your screen. You can check as many boxes as you wish. Click on the trash can and all the attachments you have selected will be deleted.

attachments-delete.thumb.jpg.bfeeb5533e95fbd5eae34643cf5cee6a.jpg

Edited by Sam Buchanan

AH!!!!.................you funny man Maok............would you like me to send you a Luddite application form?.............I found the delete thing..............and am deleting.....andyd

• Like 1

Pretty sure you have to select the image(s) you want to delete first by clicking on the check box.

Sam...........I found it...........have been deleting with gay abandon..........or something like that...........lol.........I never knew such a thing existed and I am very hesitant to start pressing buttons/icons whatever unless I know what I'm doing............which is rare...............lol...........andyd

Edited by Andydodge

AH!!!!.................you funny man Maok............would you like me to send you a Luddite application form?.............I found the delete thing..............and am deleting.....andyd

Maok, he may be using glass plates.........      ;)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxk4jMyM5LYaTQskQgA07

Edited by Sam Buchanan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Andydodge said:

Sam...........I found it...........have been deleting with gay abandon..........or something like that...........lol.............andyd

Andy, keep in mind that any attachment you delete will disappear from the message in which you embedded it. So make sure you don't delete a photo that you want to remain in the archives for millennia......    ;)

Now....from now on when you want to use an image you have used previously, and you haven't deleted it, you can select it from 'Insert other Media', 'Insert Existing Attachment' and you won't need to upload it again. This will help you control the size of your attachment folder.

Class dismissed!  ?

Edited by Sam Buchanan

So can I still use the guy with the papyrus and his mate with the sandstone blocks......I normally use my carrier pigeons for long distance work, tho' the smoke signal blanket is readily at hand................so who wants a Luddite application form?............lol...........and you guys, stop picking on me, I'm delicate............andyd  

• Haha 1