A most recent pic, and the story...Share your old Mopar!

keithb7

Beautiful fall day, took the 37 out for a ride around town. Took this picture at Veterans Park in my home town.

37_2020.jpg

• Like 5

My mom wanted to go for a fall Sunday drive so we all piled in my '49 for what turned out to be a 45 mile drive around the countryside. 

Perfect autumnal weather here in central MN right now!

Too some photos of the car on film, but will have to post those later. 

IMG_8282.jpg.d1c68ab67ee8fe6530860604e7fdad5a.jpg

• Like 4

Dayum!!! He used autumnal in a sentence.  This forum is getting a bit hi falutin for me.   Kidding!  Good to see smiling faces enjoying being out and about.  We did a short jaunt yesterday with the local region of the AACA, Pontiac and Studebaker clubs.  62 degrees and mostly sunny,colors not quite at peak here.

• Haha 2

Took the ol' D24 out to deliver broccoli yesterday.  Of course that needs a backstory - Saturday our car club went on our annual leaf-peeping tour up to the St. John Valley (northern border of Maine with New Brunswick).  We didn't take the D24, since we had the role of "tail-end-Charlie", pack the tools, tow chains, etc. and follow along in our pick-up to pick up the car parts that fall off the other members' cars, and maybe tow them to a safe(r) spot for repairs.  Well, one car broke down on US 1A north of Fort Fairfield, right next to a field where they were harvesting broccoli.  I guess the folks doing the harvesting felt bad for us and gave me a case of broccoli (none of the pickers spoke English, I'm the only club member that speaks Spanish...first time in five years I've used Spanish in Maine).  The club members here don't meet up at the end of a run, they just scatter and go home at the end, so I had about 20 lbs. of broccoli.  We like broccoli, but not that much.  So we fired up the D24, hunted down club members, and doled out the broccoli, which turned out to be a really nice Sunday drive for a few hours.  Only downside was neglecting to take my camera on a grocery run.  

• Like 3

Just enjoying the day in the ‘48 Dodge D25 club coupe “with no particular place to go”. Loving the autumn weather we are having at present. 

5D07397F-3E24-4847-A091-0E4272661B73.jpeg.0076a523e3546527874b040d8921aa35.jpeg

I’ve had the car since 1976 when it looked like this. Had a lot of fun with it over the years!

A7708862-CCEB-42B7-9F28-57209330AA5E.jpeg.88df62602ac8551feb19298ab500dd4d.jpeg

Edited by RobertKB
  • Like 6

A nice drive in the 1950 NewYorker "8" Hardtop...

20200928_140310_compress12.jpg

• Like 7

Another drive in the 1952 Plymouth Belvedere 2 dDr Hardtop...

20201003_134455_compress57.jpg

Edited by Dodgeb4ya
  • Like 7

Out again enjoying the autumn weather.  Stopped at one of my favourite places, this time with the ‘51 Dodge D39 business coupe.

3F8EC41B-7E4A-4E6D-A534-8250977D10F1.jpeg.9791332558d466ab13c8772ba99e16a8.jpeg

The Canadian Dodge D39 is a different car than the US Dodge. It is basically  a Plymouth but with a Dodge grille, hood ornament, hood emblem,etc. Commonly also known as a Plodge. 

4C310E06-0715-41F2-9FE6-B88DD3BBFD74.jpeg.9e628b79c5bd641f6f3f9bc350f5eea4.jpeg

• Like 5

And to end the year.of driving...last cruise in the T&C woodie convert..20200823_122954_compress9.jpg.c1ffdec66f470baedd96ebd9b62816d3.jpg

• Like 5

If the weather stays nice you should be able to get out some more. You still have half a tank of gas to burn in the last picture! You certainly have a nice stable of cars.

Edited by RobertKB

Yeah I haven't put the top up yet. But the weather is starting to get  cool and rain now.?

Its Thanksgiving weekend in Canada. Happy Thanksgiving  fellow Canucks. 

I’ve got 1 week of road insurance remaining. Its fall foliage photo season. Time to get out and cruise. Rustle up a few leaves. I did so today in Marg. 

I think I’ve finally decided to call my ‘38 Plymouth, Marg. After my Mother.  For various reasons. She’s tough. Enduring.  Well aged. Brings comfort. Yet sometimes she can be all over the road! 

After next week we’re back to our regular scheduled programming...Cruises and pics with my ‘53 Chrysler. Be sure to check back here for more Mopar goodness. 

4BAD10AB-FBF7-4F6B-AD2F-DB2DEFF6C195.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yup, happy Thanksgiving to all who live north of the US/Canada border.

Border is still closed at this time and likely into the foreseeable future. I had to cancel my trip to Hawaii next February with my daughter and two grandsons. Already had the plane tickets and condo booked but have managed to arrange things for a year down the road.  Time will tell.

• Like 1

Perfect weather here right now ... but for how long?  Gotta enjoy it while I can!  I figured a couple of interior shots might be in order (even considering the poor lighting).

IMG_1568.jpg

IMG_1572.jpg

IMG_1573.jpg

Edited by Hamilton
  • Like 2

Not mine,but it COULD be yours!

Spotted this unmolested,solid potential beauty on ebay for what *I* think is a bargain with a BIN price of 2 grand. Seems to be only missing a battery and even has a sun visor and period spotlight.

NO,it is NOT mine,and I have no idea about who owns it.

I know who WOULD own it if I were 20 years younger,though.

1948-48-PLYMOUTH-COUPE-ORIGINAL-REBUILDABLE

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1948-48-PLYMOUTH-COUPE-ORIGINAL-REBUILDABLE/383725460139?hash=item5957d1daab:g:WuoAAOSwTjdfY8Wz

• Like 2

On 8/17/2020 at 4:03 PM, Will Karshapers said:

Just little BBC with my car club Friends in France 

IMG_20200728_212645.jpg

That 55-56 Plymouth looks hungry and viscious with that 55 DeSoto grille. I have a 55 DeSoto grille that I am going to put in my 6 cylinder flathead (3 carbs,high compression aluminum head,headers,duals) 51 Ford business coupe.

This is one of the cars that won't be sold until my estate sale happens. People really freak out when they see a 6cyl flathead in a Ford.

Thinking about painting the wheels red. Waddaya think?

Still driving it occasionally now. Won't tear it down to redo it until I have every single damn thing I am going to need to put it back together,right down to the paint in the paint cans,sitting on my shop floor. I learned my lesson about this a while back. I'm a slow learner,but it finally sank in.

I'd rather drive a "beater" than have a semi-show car still under construction in my shop.

Edited by knuckleharley

On 8/18/2020 at 1:45 PM, blucarsdn said:

Several years ago I was cruising around central Montana, I came upon a '39 Plym conv cpe sitting in a field. I inquired about the car, the farmer that owned the car asked me why I wanted the Plym, I told him I would like to rebuild it and get it back on the road,

The farmer gave me the car. Wm.

39 Plym.6-96.1.jpg

Any progress or updated photos?

Driving and enjoying it now,I hope?