A most recent pic, and the story...Share your old Mopar!

keithb7

16 hours ago, keithb7 said:

Thx. Pretty hard to drive a stick shift, wrestle bias tires with manual steering, use arm turn signals,  and drink a coffee all at the same time.

I go for a lot of relaxing cruises that include coffee. I had to come up with a practical non-permanent  solution!

Coffee is a definite must in my book. I need to figure out a solution for my '49 - holding a coffee cup for a two hour plus drive can get old really quickly (speaking from experience). 

I found a cup holder (maybe at Pep boys) that has a flap that shuts in the glove box and supports a travel mug pretty well.  Bit of a reach but better than hot stuff between your legs.  

Similar but not exactly

https://www.thingiverse.com/make:129771

Edited by greg g
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, tjlarson88 said:

Coffee is a definite must in my book. I need to figure out a solution for my '49 - holding a coffee cup for a two hour plus drive can get old really quickly (speaking from experience). 

https://www.cupholdersplus.com/bench-seat-consoles.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Even though my car isn't drivable right now due to my trying to upgrade the ignition and instead needing to fix more broken parts, I still wanted to share a picture of her after seeing everyone else's beautiful cars. I've been taking the time instead to work on buffing out the old faded paint, and after spending a couple of days on just the front end I've got it to a pretty decent shine.

20200827_074828.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Last night I participated in an organized rolling car tour. We raised $1200 for Multiple Sclerosis.  Was a good run. 125 cars participated.  At one stop we all drove right through a repair shop. Anyone that could, peeled their tires inside the shop. I did not. Lol.  

A nice warm evening. Cops showed up to monitor behavior at the wrap up gathering. They were cool as they just observed and made their presence known. Gatherings are frowned upon due to covid. Several cars could have been required to be towed away For various infractions. But all turned out well. 

3C5FB61C-5258-480B-BE00-6E5A6BFDB5D7.jpeg

My lowly ‘38 can been seen in this one. Met some good folks. Was a good event. 

01A4C924-074F-445B-BF75-423F4B7FA17D.jpeg

2D531FDD-B103-4DD5-AE7F-9AED0EFE6208.jpeg

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 7

I had the old Dodge out for an enjoyable drive this morning. I enjoy living in an area where I don't have to deal with city traffic..?

1602242034_1948DodgeD25CoupeAug282020.JPG.c404b1ce76ff10cd104a7800e933bcaa.JPG

• Like 7

1 hour ago, T120 said:

I had the old Dodge out for an enjoyable drive this morning. I enjoy living in an area where I don't have to deal with city traffic..?

And...I should have added. They don't have to deal with me. LOL

• Like 2

Tonight was a fun evening worth sharing. We’re looking after our son’s pup for the weekend. We took him down to the river in the ‘38, for a swim. 

I bump into an acquaintance. We’re chatting while my wife is down at the water edge with doggie. He mentioned he was chatting with my wife recently. Somehow cars came up in their conversation. My wife had mentioned that “You’d laugh. My husband’s daily driver is a ‘38 Plymouth.” He replied, “Probably all hot-rodded up”.  To which she replied, “No it looks like it came right off the farm. It's all stock. It's great!....

Lol. My wife has never told me that!  She’s never said my ‘38 was great,  to me. Neat to hear about it 3rd hand tho. ?

We stop for some fuel. While I was checking the oil. a youngster approached to ask about my car.  His family was a couple pumps over, gassing up. He looked To be about 14. Short hair, clean. Freckles. Sorta modern day Opie Griffith. “Excuse me sir, what kind of car is that?”  We had a great conversation about all the old cool stuff he’d never heard of. I asked him if he knew much about cars. A bright grin full of braces stared back at me while he nodded and said “Yes!”  I pointed out the oil bath filter. 6V, generator positive ground system. Manual steering and 4-drum manual breaks. He replied “my old ATV has drum brakes!”  The aaoogah horn got a quick blast. The vacuum wiper motors blew his mind. He asked where the vacuum came from. I closed the LH hood half and we gathered over to the right side. We talked about intake vacuum and traced the hose thru the firewall and up to the wiper motors on the roof.....Beep! His family was honking at him to get back to their truck. They were leaving. 

Makes it all worth while. When the young kids are fascinated. Given a few more minutes, I’d likely have had him driving my ‘38.  I said to my wife as they drove away, “he’s telling his dad about vacuum wipers right now”. Lol.  A great night out and my wife loves my ‘38! 

0DE77A08-50F4-41F9-9539-622EC724744F.jpeg

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 5

Every Friday. It's the Veteran's T.G.I.F...  I usualy go with the bike, a Harley Tri-Glide .   Anyway this time I took The Plodge, so is my friend with his 41 International  Hotrod..  Time fly , September only a few days away,, should be able to do a 1,000 miles (challenge) this year,  so far I log 600 Miles with only minors adjustement.

large.IMG_1168.JPG.41e57b2fd3ca67408957de9ab69f1606.JPG

• Like 5

A fabulous evening cruise with my wife and the dog tonight. The best weather as the nights are slightly cooler and its darker a bit earlier again.  We stopped for ice creme and cruised for about one and a half hours at 25-30 mph, outside of town. 

I was feeling pretty spoiled in our 53 Chrysler tonight. We’re fortunate to have the choice of another old Mopar. Life is good!

8ECFC900-5494-4A28-BDF7-731810D71813.jpeg

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 6

On 8/28/2020 at 10:30 PM, tom'sB2B said:

I had to evacuate my vehicles down to a friend's house due to the fires near my house. Fortunately, after a week, the fire has been contained enough to where we and my junk can return home

Tom's cars_copy_2448x1836.jpg

Tom,

We always have ample, gated driveway space in Redwood City if the need arises....

• Like 2

Awhile back, my wife and I made a 250 mile loop. I went west to Anaconda, then farther west to Georgetown Lake. Going north between Philipsburg and Drummond I saw this sedan that the man was fixing for a neighbor. A mile south of Drummond we stopped at Ohrmann Design and met John, nice guy and very talented.

Labor Day Ride 004.JPG

Labor Day Ride 006.JPG

Labor Day Ride 008.JPG

Labor Day Ride 009.JPG

• Like 4

Back out for a cruise tonight. Saw a great photo op. The old 265 is running very well. Burning a little more oil than 3 years ago when I bought it. Oh well. A sign of good use!

5FAA1514-F74C-443C-B622-94F877F0950A.jpeg

• Like 4

49 chrysler royal. Bought it at auction last October. It was painted in 1984 and put away for 35 years. Started but brake pedal went to floor. Replaced master cylinder, wheel cylinders, brakes lines etc. Also new champion radiator with new rubber everything. Plugs, spark plug wires, all new fluids etc. Finally got all my electrical issues figured out. Headlights, turn signals, brake lights now all work as they should. Got tags and insurance 4 weeks ago and have already put a few hundred miles on it. More this upcoming weekend. Only issues were running out of gas my first time out due to a gas guage showing full and shorting out the starter relay due to pressure washing it. Both my fault and this forum helped me out a lot. Interior is totally original and well worn. I plan on starting working on the interior this winter after putting a few hundred more miles on her. Gets lots of looks

Jeff

20200904_145049.jpg

• Like 6