A most recent pic, and the story...Share your old Mopar!

keithb7

In the northern hemisphere it’s prime cruising season. Pandemic or not, we go out alone if needed, for a little cruise. Many of us wait all year for summer cruising, and its here right now. 

Where have you been lately? Post a pic. Share a story. We’d all love to see your car and hear about it!

Tonight It was warm here. Overcast. After the sunset I felt the urge to go somewhere. Anywhere. I drove less than a mile to my mail box. Checked the mail...Nothing. Saw a photo op. Then took a “long cut” home around my neighborhood. The old dash lit up in the dark is comforting somehow. 

That was my quick cruise tonight. Let’s hear about yours. Pics please!

4EE3F1E9-F957-42B7-927C-634810F348B7.jpeg

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 15

My most recent outing was to Chick-Fil-A last night when my wife made it known that she really wanted a Chick-Fil-A chocolate chip cookie. Feel kind of silly going through the drive through and ordering two cookies, but what the heck. It was a good excuse to drive the 37 as if I need one. 

20200217_180543.jpg

• Like 11

We've been cruising Saturday nights. Someone caught this pic last one. 

FB_IMG_1594401415936.jpg?Expires=1594402

And this one a few weeks before. Most Saturdays I've been going with the neighbor and trading driving duties. 

FB_IMG_1593471846325.jpg?Expires=1594405

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Young Ed said:

We've been cruising Saturday nights. Someone caught this pic last one. 

FB_IMG_1594401415936.jpg?Expires=1594402

And this one a few weeks before. Most Saturdays I've been going with the neighbor and trading driving duties. 

FB_IMG_1593471846325.jpg?Expires=1594405

The old gems are looking good Ed. It must be nice to get them out after those frigid Minnesota winters?

John R

• Like 3

I have been cruising mine at each monthly cruise they are doing in Downtown Enumclaw, WA.  Hundreds of cars and people show up to watch everyone cruise down the main street through town. Here's some pics some bystanders took of me.  I have also put on 2,500 miles on her since my rebuild a couple months ago.

FB_IMG_1589061877399-2.jpg

FB_IMG_1591773345220.jpg

Edited by Polsonator2
  • Like 8

We, my wife and I, tend to do mostly "Riding around in my automobile..............With no particular place to go." I am not very artistic so I don't take enough pictures. Yesterday I took this one as it sat in the driveway before we left for a "ride" so I could upload it here. Only the second picture this year. We drove around Prince Gallitzin State Park and took the long way home yesterday. Probably a 50 mile jaunt with a lot of picturesque scenery, and I didn't stop to take pics anywhere. Doh! There was a thread on here once about your car in front of..... I really enjoyed it, because it gave me a reason to take pictures. I love looking at pictures of the old cars, running, under construction, sitting, whatever condition, and I really miss Bob Drown's pictures of his and Cooper's adventures with his old Plymouth. May he rest in peace. 

7.14.2020.jpg

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, oldodge41 said:

We, my wife and I, tend to do mostly "Riding around in my automobile..............With no particular place to go." I am not very artistic so I don't take enough pictures. Yesterday I took this one as it sat in the driveway before we left for a "ride" so I could upload it here. Only the second picture this year. We drove around Prince Gallitzin State Park and took the long way home yesterday. Probably a 50 mile jaunt with a lot of picturesque scenery, and I didn't stop to take pics anywhere. Doh! There was a thread on here once about your car in front of..... I really enjoyed it, because it gave me a reason to take pictures. I love looking at pictures of the old cars, running, under construction, sitting, whatever condition, and I really miss Bob Drown's pictures of his and Cooper's adventures with his old Plymouth. May he rest in peace. 

7.14.2020.jpg

When I first saw this picture I thought you had a blower sticking up out of the hood. Then I realized it was a couple of mail boxes. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There's my '49 Wayfarer after her first public drive. She was part of my old neighborhood's July 4th parade. It's been a tradition since the neighborhood was founded in 1954. I finished a full brake overhaul the night before just to be a part of the parade. It was rather hysterical to me to hear spectators on the street easily identify my friends '66 Ford wagon and '53 Olds, and then here comes my Dodge... I heard this often, "That's an old......................Dodge!" as if folks were happy they could at least identify some badging on the car as it rolled by. It was a great cruise. 

IMG_5134_Med.JPG

• Like 3

Tonight I headed out to a local cruize-in car meet. All types of cars. Hot-rods, muscle, tuners, vintage, classics. Everyone is welcome. It's a weekly unorganized gathering in a local parking lot. I took my '38 Plymouth out. It was the my first sort of semi-formal gathering with my '38 among other car enthusiasts. It was a fun gathering.  Lots of folks approached to talk about, learn about and see my '38. It was great to hear people's stories and I was also able share some history of my old car. I thought about taking a photo but got I distracted with questions from people.  Stayed longer than I thought I would as I was having a good time chatting with friendly folks. Even got to use the headlights on the way home.  Was a great night. I will attend again next week and report back with a few photos. Pretty sure I was the only pre muscle-car Mopar there. I asked everyone who showed interest if they knew of any other 37-38 Mopars here in town. Nobody was able to confirm, as they could not recall seeing any.

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 3

Graduation pictures here too. I didn't think there would be much going on this year so I only insured the Plymouth for the day on my daughter and her date's prom (such as it was).  Sure felt good to be out in the Plymouth. I took the longer way back home.?

IMG_20200620_113946603.jpg

IMG_20200620_200329308.jpg

IMG_20200620_204956394_HDR.jpg

• Like 5

IMG_6030.jpg.6b8aae92ef973af337ba8863b6ac933e.jpg

It was 98 this morning, and we were about to get on the 'Mother Road'. See the Historic US-66 sign ahead!

• Like 3

I washed my Windsor today and drove it to town and back. The weather was stellar today. It was quite an enjoyable drive. 

14FAD5EB-E74D-469F-89F1-9D95935A34D7.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 49D-24BusCpe said:

IMG_6030.jpg.6b8aae92ef973af337ba8863b6ac933e.jpg

It was 98 this morning, and we were about to get on the 'Mother Road'. See the Historic US-66 sign ahead!

Sorry cannot see the sign even when enlarged, but I believe we will take your word for it!

Looks like a Bad place to break down?  Carry spares and tools? Lots of water?

DJ

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Tonight the senior center in the neighboring town held an antique car "rally".  They usually host a small unjudged car show but this year because of covid the decided to hold a rally, more like a parade. about 60 cars showed up and were led through the town by an antique fire truck.  Lots of people lined the route, it was a fun time for all. There were a few mopars, my 48 Dodge coupe, a 40 Plymouth, 50 Desoto.  There was also a 57 Dodge and a 70 Baracuda, but I did not get photos of them.DCB13EFA-6D5F-45D4-9776-130A217D302A.jpeg.b5732464c7ad8fac83d70d04bc77536d.jpeg6B0BEF4B-1345-4CF2-9F79-4DE35BC777CA.jpeg.59e8627c89f2c127cde7eb8812f1d0b5.jpeg1DDBB2C9-E798-46D9-99EE-F602BFF0FC2F.jpeg.02d11641b4a8fe2fca18736c9d95b1eb.jpeg

Edited by busycoupe
  • Like 1

I was out looking for old Mopar guys last night...Hard to find. Only seem to see them when I look in the mirror.

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 2