car cover

DJK

I park my '41 outside in a car port [San Diego County] and use the extra large car cover that you can get at Costco.

Not expensive, you can wash it in the washing machine, stays on the car even in high winds, and it's lasted nicely for over three years since it's not in direct sunlight.

The only downside I have found is a light layer of dust gets through.

I have a couple from Raffles and door prizes. They are Budge brand and are adequate for indoors. I will take it along on road trips if we're are out for a couple days.  The medium size fits my business coupe fairly well.  The price was right so no complaints.  Not designed to be all weather.  But for keeping smog, mist and morning dew off work fine.

1 hour ago, DJK said:

The car will be in the garage, my main concern is keeping dust off from it from other projects in the garage, welding/grinding etc.

Any cloth car cover will be fine if the car is being stored indoors.  I also use some heavy blankets to cover the four fenders just incase someone walks by the car with something in their hand or brushes up against the car.

If you have bia ply tires on your car then put some old carpeting under all four wheels. This will stop the flat spot on the tires from sittingon the cement.  I have done this for 32 years and never have a flat spot.

Rich HArtung

desoto1939@aol.com

• Like 1

I store my car outside and use a Covercraft (Noah) cover.  Fits nicely and great quality.   A little expensive compared to some cheaper options but I think it is well worth it.  Breaths well and protects.  They have indoor only options as well.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2020 at 9:09 AM, desoto1939 said:

Any cloth car cover will be fine if the car is being stored indoors.  I also use some heavy blankets to cover the four fenders just incase someone walks by the car with something in their hand or brushes up against the car.

If you have bia ply tires on your car then put some old carpeting under all four wheels. This will stop the flat spot on the tires from sittingon the cement.  I have done this for 32 years and never have a flat spot.

Rich HArtung

desoto1939@aol.com

I like the carpet under the tires plan.

3 hours ago, DJK said:

Point to consider when owning an antique car or truck or what ever.

I have read my policy that is issued by Grundy Worlwide and also several other major players in the antique car insurance business.

They state that the car must be stored in an enclosed structure such as a garage and be on your property.  Some state that it can be stored in a storage facility.  If the car is being permanently stored under a car port then you do not have coverage.

So if something happens to your car your antique car insurance might not cover anything odf the damage.

Suggest that everyone check their individual policy to make sure that you are storing the car on a permanent basis at your home in a garage.

When on a trip or tour with you r then the requirement for being in a grarage is not a requirement becasue they know you cannot get into a covered garage.

Be warned that you might have an issue with just storing your car in your driveway with a car cover.

Also if you have your car on a consignment situation in a facility best is to contact your carrier to verify that it is also covered and DO NOT take for granted that the consignment facilities insurance will cover your car.

Rich HArtung

Desoto1939@aol.com