Visor or no visor.

frijolito

You talking about the quilted stainless, the highly polished one or the painted ones with the stainless trim??  I like the lines of your coupe as it sits.  It depends a lot on the mounting angle as to whether it adds to or detracts from the vehicle.  Your car, do what you like.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, greg g said:

You talking about the quilted stainless, the highly polished one or the painted ones with the stainless trim??  I like the lines of your coupe as it sits.  It depends a lot on the mounting angle as to whether it adds to or detracts from the vehicle.  Your car, do what you like.

This one... with the panels color matched. Definitely with a low angle

7CEA2B5A-8489-487E-BDC4-6F887D56F418.jpeg

I understand why people like them in the practical sense, and just my opinion, but I don't care for the looks of them, and on the practical side, being a guy with a long torso, I have trouble seeing out of our 09 Journey (a cross-over) & my 2010 Caravan as it is.  I hardly ever use the flip down visor on any car for the same reason.  So it just wouldn't work for me at all.

• Like 1

I personally do not like those visors on the '30's vintage cars. The '40's and early '50's Dodges and Plymouth's look better with them as well as Fords, Mercurys and some GM cars of those years as well. My opinion of course and best of luck to you in what ever you decide to do.

John R 

• Like 2

The Peckat has a cleaner mounting system than the Fulton, but I wonder how secure it is?  I recall years ago a fellow n this forum searched a long while and f!ound one.  He had it mounted, and liked the looks of it.  Then he posted that he was driving into a head wind, one of the mounts broke.  Before he could pull over to deal with it it blew off, scratched the roof of his car and the part that blew off got run over by a following vehicle. 

Just something to think about.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, greg g said:

The Peckat has a cleaner mounting system than the Fulton, but I wonder how secure it is?  I recall years ago a fellow n this forum searched a long while and f!ound one.  He had it mounted, and liked the looks of it.  Then he posted that he was driving into a head wind, one of the mounts broke.  Before he could pull over to deal with it it blew off, scratched the roof of his car and the part that blew off got run over by a following vehicle. 

Just something to think about.

Damn! That would be just my luck. 2200 flying down the freeway. I haven’t 

made a decision yet I keep going back-and-forth with visors 

I forget which he said let go.  Think it was the center one which was only attached to the stainless windshield divider. When that let go the visor flipped vertical, becoming a big sail filling from the wrong direction, which then pulled the side mounts in a nano second.

• Like 1

The only style of visor that I think suits the rounded lines of the late 30's 40's cars is the Fulton 1000 series that i had on my 41 Plymouth, see pic..........those flat style visors to me look wrong as they don't in my view do anything to enhance the cars lines nor style.........but that just my opinion...............Andy Douglas

IMG_1355.JPG

36 minutes ago, Andydodge said:

The only style of visor that I think suits the rounded lines of the late 30's 40's cars is the Fulton 1000 series that i had on my 41 Plymouth, see pic..........those flat style visors to me look wrong as they don't in my view do anything to enhance the cars lines nor style.........but that just my opinion...............Andy Douglas

IMG_1355.JPG

I appreciate everyone’s opinion that’s why I asked thank you guys again

I put a Fulton sun visor on my 50 Chrysler back in about 1981.  It's good if you live in a very hot area, but it also makes you feel like you're driving in  a tunnel.  You will get tunnel vision.  If you decide to mount it, you will need one of those plastic prism devices that reflects the color of the changing lights.  

I personally am not a fan of these visors, (shoot me now), on any car, it's just my opinion. I understand the practical aspects of them, I just dont think much of the look.

The lines of your car are perfect by the way, very nice car !

I have three visors  off various cars I bought...I had one car with a visor and found it more a nuisance than a benefit in driving....the only one I left installed was a variety that was was a gutter mount and not the stupid looking Fulton with the dogbones...that thing is nothing but an gigantic eyesore....sticks out like the bulbous red hindquarters of a baboon  (just as does red wheels) but then....that is just my opinion. other vary...(they wrong but they vary....lol) one day I will say what I really think..

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Haha 1