Information Needed

rugbyjon112

BobT-47P15 - the outer section is a thermometer. For some reason when I uploaded the photo it turned it sideways. The section you’re referring to is actually the top section of the mirror. 

most clamp on side rear view mirrors were after market items but you could get these items from your car dealser as an extra add on.  Have never seen this style so would think after market.

Rich Hartung

There was an option for side view mirrors incorporated into the little piece of cowl trim on P15s.  I believe you could order Swan Necked style mounted through a hole in the doors, but most I have noticed till 53 54 were clip ons and mostly after market.  Side mirrors were pretty much optional especially passenger side. So very few from the factory, many as dealer installed, and a whole bunch of after market.