47 Dodge pickup

you did not state you voltage requirements.....BUT................while I do not say you need to buy from E-bay...but if you look there it will give you a long list of what is available and what normal/customary prices are at the time

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

On 6/29/2020 at 3:36 PM, Jamie Anderson said:

Any one know of good led headlights for a 47 pick up

I'll be the Debbie Downer...

I assume you have 12V system?  If so, there aren't many DOT approved headlamps out there.  I know it sounds like a small detail but it is a rather big deal, besides the "legality" of it, performance from a non-DOT approved lamp varies wildly.  I sell all kinds of headlamps and have nothing to gain or lose by saying this, but I've had several customers buy "off-road only" LED headlights and complain about how bad they are.  One customer in particular said he installed his and they "looked great in the garage but once I got on the highway, I had to have my highbeams on just to make it home".  Caveat Emptor....buyer beware.

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, JBNeal said:

I learned my lesson on headlamp assembly replacement last year on my '01 QuadCab; long story short, headlamp brightness is nice but optics determines headlamp effectiveness...contact Daniel Stern Lighting for a possible solution :cool:

Exactly, JB! 

Jaime,  The original 6 Volt headlamp is an 6006 or a Halogen bulb is H6006.  That is almost always available through a local parts store or where ever you chose to shop.  If you've changed over to a 12v system, those are even easier to find at your local parts supplier. 

Philips also makes quality DOT approved LED sealed headlamps and is a reputable brand that is readily available at a lot of retailers(if you have a 12v system, LED's won't work for 6v).

Good luck!