Free chevy for Plymouthy Adams

Los_Control

I know how badly PA wants a chevy, Thought I would share this free 1957 chevy give away.

The only requirement to win the car is you subscribe to their channel. When they get to 57k subscribers, They will randomly pick one name from the subscribers and they win the car.

Will it be fair, honest and legit? who knows.

I been watching this guy for a little bit, watching him build a old model T that was used as yard art for years. He seems to be a decent fabricator ... what impresses me about him, is his energy.

He works a full time day job, then comes home and works in his garage till 11:00 pm makes videos  and gets up in the morning and does it again. He , unlike me, gets work done  ?

So a few weeks ago, he goes out to some field and buys this chevy, been sitting for years ... they were going to fire it up and drive it home ... for good video, they got it running and then it lost oil pressure, they trailered it home. Decent little old school hot rod, 327, double hump heads, 4 barrel, cam, headers, Turbo 400 trans. He had to drop the oil pan, found the old after market oil pump had failed, and replaced it with a new high volume pump ... runs good now.

Today he has 34k subscribers, gained 10k in last week, he quickly is heading to 57k, Rebuilding the rusted floors and rockers, new carpet and seats upholstered,  interior repaired. rebuild the front end and add disk brakes. already has new tires ... will be a perfect beater with a heater for @Plymouthy Adams So please subscribe to the channel and lets help our old friend PA out.

Cool video. Thanks for posting.

I know Tim is drooling over the chance to win a CHEVY!! Car is in Manitoba, Canada so he will have to wait until the border opens if he wins it. There are some Manitoba forum members he could stay with. I would be willing to pick it up for him but he would have to come two provinces further west for the car. Let us know, Tim. ? We all know how you feel about GM products!?

Edited by RobertKB
  • Haha 1

yeah..you folks hold your breath on that one   ....it would be a cold you know were before I travel that far to take a dump...?..I would not want it here for fear of hybrid tin worms ?cross breeding with the English steel and be responsible for the cause of some sort of classic car pandemic...☠️     but I really appreciate you folks thinking of me...?  can I have a moped instead....??  make it two tone burgundy and gloss sand.

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

yeah..you folks hold your breath on that one   ....

I guess I was just hoping you did not put me on ignore for this  :P

Who knows, someone will go home with a free car ... delivery was never talked about, I heard you show up and drive it away. Pretty sure I have no plans to drive from Texas to Canada and make a road trip with a unknown chevy back to Texas. While some will think it a adventure.

I'm sure I'm in the majority when I confess my ignorance to Canadian geography. I had to look up Manitoba to find where it's located. One of my old HD brethren now lives in  Mississaugu and all I know about that city is that it's fairly close to Detroit.

As for the '57 and the contest, looks good to me! I've owned 55, 56, and 57 Chevys over the years and wouldn't mind having another. Closest it looks like I might get anytime soon is a '47 Chevy coupe that came up for sale nearby. Already subframed, small block, automatic, interior done. Biggest drawback is lousy amateur paint. Not my favorite body style but I followed one for a few miles yesterday while hauling Dodge parts home from St. Louis and it looked pretty darn good going down the road. If the guy accepts my offer I might throw some Dodge badges on it. PA would love it!! ?

Just now, MackTheFinger said:

I'm sure I'm in the majority when I confess my ignorance to Canadian geography. I had to look up Manitoba to find where it's located. One of my old HD brethren now lives in  Mississaugu and all I know about that city is that it's fairly close to Detroit.

As for the '57 and the contest, looks good to me! I've owned 55, 56, and 57 Chevys over the years and wouldn't mind having another. Closest it looks like I might get anytime soon is a '47 Chevy coupe that came up for sale nearby. Already subframed, small block, automatic, interior done. Biggest drawback is lousy amateur paint. Not my favorite body style but I followed one for a few miles yesterday while hauling Dodge parts home from St. Louis and it looked pretty darn good going down the road. If the guy accepts my offer I might throw some Dodge badges on it. PA would love it!! ?

you can put diamond ear rings on a Pig ...but in the end...still a PIG...keep em coming folks....

3 minutes ago, MackTheFinger said:

That's a really, really nice looking car.. Is that yours?

While I have four 62 Dodges........I can say they are not up to that build level yet......I tried to buy one a bit back that was to this level, maybe better... but I think the guy was blowing smoke and bragging more than actually selling...

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

I have two 62 Polara big block cars.... Polara was top trim level.  Very unique but the more I look at the Dodge Dart trim the more I like it over the Polara....the one even has power windows....not the most common item in 62...and as much as I hate to say this on open forum....the dang one 4 door has better lines overall....blasphemy...I will pay for that...

17 minutes ago, MackTheFinger said:

As for the '57 and the contest, looks good to me! I've owned 55, 56, and 57 Chevys over the years and wouldn't mind having another.

My last 57 was a 4 door wagon, Think I paid $75 for it, ran and drove and sold it for $200. Would not be bad to have another old car.

11 minutes ago, MackTheFinger said:

My old business partner I worked with through the '70's bought a Dodge Polara new in '62.

I bought a used 67 polara, from a co worker, his father died and was left with estate to get rid of ... I paid $200 and had to rebuild the carburetor and replace the master cylinder to make it a solid daily driver ... Then I gave it to my father inlaw ... My mother was blind and worked at the Goodwill, met this retarded man and together they made a great team, They went on and bought a house together.

image.png.9f18d73db6c547084352dc15d2eb28b3.png

He loved the car, 2 door 318 wedge bucket seats, center console with floor shift, white leather interior ... He did not keep it long because of gas mileage. Liked his old pinto wagon better.

Last time I seen the car, had a refrigerator strapped to the roof and trunk was full of aluminum cans, news paper and scrap metal from his recycle route. Sigh  :D

The Dodge dealership I drive for had one of these in white on the rack last week.  413 torqeflite. With 38k on the clock.  Looked nearly brand new underneath.  Was in for leaking power steering.  65 Dodge 880,  Don't think they made many.  Remember a few around when they were new.

IMG_8262-1200x900.jpg

Man, that was a GREAT looking car!! One of my buddies had a junkyard for a long time. He always said that every one of the cars he stripped and crushed was someone's pride and joy at one time. We were really good friends and hung out together a lot but sadly he passed away almost 20 years ago. Two or three years ago I was at a gas station 30-40 miles from here and a slightly scroungy looking guy came over and said "I bet you don't remember me, last time I saw you was at C.W.'s junkyard 29 years ago!" It was one of C.W.'s ex-employees, George. Still don't know what his last name is. C.W. was one of those old-time junkyard guys and a lot of people thought he was just a hard case. George and I were talking about C.W. and George said that C.W. let him live in one of his rental houses free for a couple of years. George had been in prison for several years and was having a tough time getting back into society. Not everyone misses C.W. but George and I sure do!!

50 minutes ago, MackTheFinger said:

George had been in prison for several years and was having a tough time getting back into society. Not everyone misses C.W. but George and I sure do!!

Sometimes all we can do is show them love .... Not everyone will walk through the door.

Greg that is slick but I do not think a two door wagon for 62 was stock....believe the last of the Mopar two door wagons was 1961.....I just like the front grille, aggressive and the tail light arrangement was something the competition knew all too well....the Dart was entry...next was the 330 and then the 440 then the Polara....I believe the 2 door hardtop Dart series were predominately 440 series

but as stated...love the rear lights and trim on these..this is a Polara...

1962-dodge-polara-500-taillights-jill-reger.jpg

• Like 1