Time to Head Home

RobertKB

I went to a car club event today. Thunderstorms were forecast for the afternoon. I don’t mind driving in the rain but hail scares me. Took this picture with a big storm moving in from the right. Just made it home in time!

32083D97-895E-49BC-B26A-322CC59FC690.jpeg.38549b6f2120f048a6f06658eddc33a0.jpeg

• Like 6

Cool pic. Indeed parts of western Canada has seen plenty of rain this summer. Not to down play the hail damage but do remember, our cars have heavier gauge body than anything later model. Most in their early years probably did not have garages to hide in and they did survive 20, 30 or 40 summers of possible hail. But I agree...I get nervous when the forecast says possible hail.

I agree the hail always scares me a bit.

Not long after I got my 37 Coupe I was on my way home to Dallas from the HAMB Drags in SW Missouri and got caught in a down pour the kind my grandfather would have said was like a "cow peeing on a flat rock". On the Will Rodgers turnpike in Oklahoma there is no place to stop for miles. Little did I know that the windshield seal on the roll out windshield was shall we say a sieve. By the time it stopped raining and I could safely pull off there was about a quarter inch of water sloshing around in my floorboards above the carpet. I used a nearly new roll of the blue paper shop towels sopping it up. Luckily had no more rain the next couple hundred miles so I was able to fully open the cowl vent the rest of the way home which helped dry it out most of the way.   

Edited by hkestes41
  • Like 2