Wish I had the Room

RobertKB

Here is a car that is local to me which is restorable but probably better as a parts car. I took a lot of parts off a four door parts car similar to this one for my '51 Dodge D39 business coupe project which is the Canadian Dodge based on a Plymouth. This car is way overpriced but if the seller was reasonable, it would be worth picking up as a source of parts to have as spares or move on to other people's projects. https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/lethbridge/1952-plymouth-cranbrook/1508653538

Parts.jpg.6b4ed490a05157a52a16d58ea3168f29.jpg

Edited by RobertKB

2 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

dang cars are ugly as sin...I can say that though as I own two of them......

Agreed.  And I own 2 of them as well.

It's a shame the windows are blown out of this one.  They made the difference between 'parts car' and 'restorable'.

Am I wrong? car in that condition, $500  ... Just a joke they have a car with blown out glass that is easy to replace, It allows weather in the car that creates a lot of damage.

If they think that rust bucket is worth $2k ... I hope they send it to the crusher and get $2 for the metal.

The only value that car has is for the next person is willing to put in on it.

If it was a chevy or a ford, every part is cheap and delivered to your door. ... A mopar that thing will need more money invested, then what finished car will sell for.

Takes a special kinda fool to build a mopar.

2 hours ago, Los_Control said:

Am I wrong? car in that condition, $500  ... Just a joke they have a car with blown out glass that is easy to replace, It allows weather in the car that creates a lot of damage.

Totally agree on value. $CDN500.00 at most as it does have some saleable parts. I would want it mainly as a source for power train parts as spares. Haven’t seen it but if engine is there with accessories I might pick it up. A friend with an RV storage yard said I could keep it there if, BIG IF, I buy it. Spare parts would be for the pictured old girl. 

E747641C-E3FA-4EB9-A560-E817EBE2A394.jpeg.85d97942bd8f1edf4205e0b735458da4.jpeg

Edited by RobertKB

22 minutes ago, RobertKB said:

Totally agree on value. $CDN500.00 at most as it does have some saleable parts.

I wish you the best of luck ... just sad that some watch TV and think $2k is a acceptable starting point.

Sure wish they would stick their money where their mouth is, and rebuild and sell themselves. They have no plan for that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Go Fleiter said:

beautiful Coupe, Robert!

(don´t tell: I even like the color very much!!")

Greetings!

Go

Thanks, Go. It didn't always look like that. Pictures show the car as it was found. It was a six year project.

766618764_DSCN8138-Copy.JPG.e977d994106d25de1d5d999268fc4160.JPG

918056027_DSCN8137-Copy.JPG.936087a26a292897d5e16ff5591f9e77.JPG

• Like 1