Carb spring

Hickory

Well I have my ball and ball off my car for a rebuild. Last season my car had a stumble on quick acceleration, so while I have everything apart for some fresh paint, I ordered a kit. I found my dashpot plunger dissinergrated and hope this may be some the issue. I also found a broken spring on the throttle shaft on the opposite side of the linkage. What does this spring do and are they available. It looks like to me this would hold the dashpot plunger in the up.position.  how much will this affect the operation. Vehicle is a 49 Chrysler royal ty for some insight

BTW...That pump link looks like it is on backwards?

Maybe I'm wrong..???

Here's a picture of a new Chrysler B&B carb showing the accelerator pump link...

20200627_175724_compress42.jpg

Ok I see it should be on the inside, it's always been how it is since I've owned it. I can fix that as I rebuild it, but my main concern is what will that broken spring do to how the carb operates, as I'm not sure how I'm going to find that spring. Good eye Andy?

• Like 1