Carter Ball and Ball carb

Booger

9 hours ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

Me Too

Youngsters!  I've got a few years on both of you.  More time to become a cranky old man.

9 hours ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

And as far as Rich's post, I think he has every  right to ask what is included in a rebuild.  You would expect a professional who advertises as a rebuilder to check, clean and repair or replace any part that is needed  and make sure all the adjustments are set to factory specs. If there is a problem the owner should be contacted to let him know.  Such as the core is too far gone to save., Then options can be discussed.  And if I call or write a supplier or jobber and don't get a timely reply I reassess whether I want to have any dealing with them.

Re: that last sentence.  I don't reassess, I just don't deal with them.  My thought is this:  If they are reluctant to engage in a dialog before they have my money, just how difficult will they be afterward?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kencombs said:

Youngsters!  I've got a few years on both of you.  More time to become a cranky old man.

Re: that last sentence.  I don't reassess, I just don't deal with them.  My thought is this:  If they are reluctant to engage in a dialog before they have my money, just how difficult will they be afterward?

I want to grow up to be just like you Grampa

I would never pay for a mail order carb rebuild with cash "preferred"...

Rose also states checks accepted.

Using a credit card or PP etc. you have some protection if the rebuild has problems and does not work correctly.

Cash or check you lose.

I think Rose has had too many come backs.

• 3 weeks later...

what I learned from this excercise (thank you to all the contributors here) is that you CAN do stuff you didnt think you had the skills to do.

my sight and dexterity skills have diminished but now its a task I would take on. Come on its a 1 barrel

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

3-48 is the next size down..

On 7/6/2020 at 10:13 AM, Dodgeb4ya said:

I would never pay for a mail order carb rebuild with cash "preferred"...

Rose also states checks accepted.

Using a credit card or PP etc. you have some protection if the rebuild has problems and does not work correctly.

Cash or check you lose.

I think Rose has had too many come backs.

Then again, maybe Rose just prefers that Paypal or the credit card companies not take three percent of his earnings.

I would not use paypal to receive payment regardless.  I do use it to make payment to the sellers taht will only take paypal and I pay paypal with my USAA credit card.  So if paypal gets stupid USAA will be there for me.

on using cash vs credit card payment.  When I make a large purchase and have the choise to use credit card and or cash/check I present the seller with the twooptions.  If they are smart they catch what I am doing.  If I use CC they lose 2-3% more off the top of the sale, but if they accept my check or cash then I ask for a discount on the purchase price.  Some get the concept that even if they give me 1% off the sale price they are still ahead of the game by not losing the eitre 2-3% to the bank and cc company.

If I have to explain it then I go to the store manager to explain the process and most of the time the get the concept and provide the discount. I win and they win. If not then I whip out the old credit card and use that. Sometime the stores build in the extra 2-3 cc fees not sure but you have to always play the odds in your favor.

rich