New Car Day... well new to me anyways...

edrendek7777

So I broke down and bought another car.  A little different than my mostly stock 50 Plymouth 2 door...  this one is a 51 Plymouth Cranbrook, a little custom. This one has a 350 crate GM and 350 3 speed auto trans.  I know I know, chevy guts in a beautiful MOPAR?  Before everyone shoots me up and down there was a purpose behind this purchase. My father, who got his 50 Plymouth in 1988 when I was 11, had a stroke about 20 years ago. No chance in him ever driving a 3 on the tree again...  So when I got my 50 I could tell he was super excited for me but also upset that he knew he couldn't drive it. So since then, roughly a year ago, I have had my eyes open for an auto trans car. Finally found one, even if it is not exactly what I wanted, nothing made me happier than the first time he got to tool around in it. So here are a few pics, hope you all enjoy as much as I do. And let me know your personal preference if you can, fender skirts or no...  definitely going to lose the 57 Caddy caps, have a nice new set of powdercoated red wheels I am going to throw some dog dish caps on...

Thanks

Ed

20200613_131238_60.jpg

20200613_131229_60.jpg

• Like 6

Nice ride!  Especially since your Dad can enjoy driving it.  I like fender skirts, but I don't care for those kind.  I think the ones that fit inside the wheel opening are more attractive and don't make the car look as clunky.  If that were my car, the only other thing I'd change is that grill, or lack thereof.

Well I lost the skirts and 57 Caddy caps and put a proper set of 51 Plymouth caps on her...  pretty sure it will stay this way. Maybe look for a super nice set of Plymouth caps....  let me know what you think of the before and after pics.  

20200613_103053_40.jpg

20200627_172015_40.jpg