Well I made it back!

Midwestmopar

Left Friday from southern indiana and made it Friday night to st louis. The karma ghia I was crusing with kept loosing fuel pressure so when we stopped I would over heat. I installed a 16inch fan on the rad and a deep cycle marine battery in my passanger floor board which helped cool it down a little bit in traffic but it was still a rough trip in stop and go. I also found out that on my way there some how my left rear brake decided to over adjust and start dragging. I fixed that Sunday by backing off the back brakes before heading back to indiana but about 300 miles into that trip she started to drag again...... She also started to overheat alot worse so I popped the filler neck off to pull the thermostat, but it was already out. Looks like I have brakes and coolant issues I need to address. Good news is it made it a 950 mile trip pushed hard on the interstates, country side, and traffic jams. 

Screenshot_20200624-095456~2.png

Screenshot_20200624-095456~2.png

• Like 3

It often takes a longer trip to sort out those hidden issues.  It  is 45 miles uphill from ny shop to 6500 feet elevation with some rather strenuous stretches. That drive is my test drive. 

FE7A7C33-2D91-4683-88C6-4A3E2CC1183A.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pflaming said:

It often takes a longer trip to sort out those hidden issues.  It  is 45 miles uphill from ny shop to 6500 feet elevation with some rather strenuous stretches. That drive is my test drive. 

FE7A7C33-2D91-4683-88C6-4A3E2CC1183A.jpeg

is that northern cali? I once went to Bridgeport and thought to myself id never take a older car up some of those hills over there........ car after car broken down along the highway when we went.

I'm pretty lucky hear in Indiana, elevation change normally never varies more than 500 feet unless I travel off my path from work. My 24 mile commute to work is very nice and it hasn't overheated on that road, but there is only 4 stop lights on my trip to work.

very nice truck  by the way!

31 minutes ago, edrendek7777 said:

Well hot damn, I wish that was my test drive!!!  Fortunately/unfortunately my work is about 1 mile from my house...  But still love to take my 50/51 to work...

when I first traded for my 53 I drove almost 280 miles to a little city west of Effingham and drove it all the way home as my first true test. that's when I knew I had a good driver car that just needed a few minor things haha

The road leads to sequoia.national park and the big trees.

another trip took into the back roads of the coastal mountains to the west.  It was fantastic 120 mile drive one way. 

5A038F1D-DDAB-4B77-8751-189F6CCB9CFE.jpeg

1DD73D4B-86EC-434F-B43D-0601E20B3DEF.jpeg

• Like 1