Water/Temperature Sender Location - 57 Dodge D100 flathead 6

Hello,

I apologize for bringing this up. I am embarrassed to say that I cannot trace the orange temperature sending wire from the back of my OEM gauge to the OEM sender. I lose the wire after I get to a certain point within the harness. I must be blind.

I am planning to install some Autometer short sweep electrical gauges. I need to use the AutoMeter water sending unit in place of the OEM unit.

Can someone tell me where I should be looking at please?

Edward

PS - I am still muddling over the battery relocation issue since I am planning to install the RamMan disc brake and booster combination.  That will take up space on the driver's side of the firewall. I cannot get the access I need on the passenger side of the firewall due to screws bolting in the heating unit. Seems like to me that the driver/passenger side inner finders are a bit light weight in terms of being able to support a battery. Then again, a lighter and smaller battery might be the route I need to take if I do go with using either inner fender.