Float level again

Doug&Deb

Ok now I’m confused. I’ve been having some drivability issues with my Coronet. It seems to be running rich. I checked the float level and it seems way too low. Normally the fuel air mixture screw is backed out 1-2 turns. Mine is a 1/4 turn. Any more and I stall the car.  When I coast down a hill then accelerate I’m blowing a nasty fuel and oil cloud. I’m missing something but what?

did you recently rebuild the Carb and if you did then did you put the two small ball bearings back in the correct order they look the same but are difference. also did you soak the accelerator pump leather in any oil to soften up the leather seal to make a better seal.

Do you have the instruction sheet on how to rebuild the carb and then reset it up after a rebuild these are very helpful to get the unit set correctly.. What carb in on the car. I might have some information.

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com

I did rebuild the carb last spring. I’m almost positive I got the balls in the correct spots. I don’t have the instructions anymore unfortunately. The carb is a stromberg bxves. The car is a 52 coronet. The carb kit is ethanol resistant but I don’t recall the vendor I got it from.