1947 WC motor mounts

Any tips or tricks for installing upper motor mounts on a 1947 WC?  I ordered and received new ones(complete sets) and they are considerably bigger than the old ones.  I understand there may be some compression from weight but wow.  The lower units go right in but the uppers are proving to be a bear.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Al

Ed,

Sorry for the delay in responding, a bit crazy around here lately.

No, the metal brackets are in excellent shape.  It's the new motor mounts.  They are roughly 1/4 taller and the rubber portion that slides in the rubber is a larger diameter than the OE.  I double checked the application from where I bought it and they claim the part number fits from 1939 ish to 1950's.  I ended up only replacing the bottoms and left the tops for another day.

Al

How much larger? I would think it's small and a quick file would take care of it. You can put a bolt through the center and spin it in a drill for a home brew lathe

• Thanks 1