Headlight upgrade info needed

Hi,  I want to upgrade my headlights for my Dodge RC panel truck.  I've been searching for the hardware that attaches the bezel with no luck.  I was hoping that some of you have run into this and can suggest a solution or tell me how you fabricated the connection parts.  After many years since I bought this truck, I am now getting to do the body metal work.

Thanks to you all..........

Fran

630765207_HEADLIGHTUPGRADE3.JPG.490b64cbebc5e876e38d3f1533ddc324.JPG263040217_HEADLIGHTUPGRADE2.JPG.b82c3b4b59a702dd3439103973df980c.JPG1478790407_HEADLIGHTUPGRADE1.JPG.e3175e941f9673bdb2b05ccd2fc5fbc7.JPG

HI. I have a 1938 Dodge Brothers RC pickup. I kept the headlights looking original. I had the reflectors re-silvered and put in 2331 halogen bulbs. Works well. It did require an alternator to provide enough amps for the halogens.

Pete

Hi Dodgefran,

Each headlight shell has 3 connectors for holding the reflector to the shell. Each of these connectors has 3 parts:

1) a small bracket that slides into a metal "pocket" on the inside of the shell
    2) a spring that attaches to the bracket
    3) a "T" shaped clip that slides through the spring and holds the reflector to the bracket

Your best bet to find these parts is:

Donald Axelrod
Headlight Headquarters
35 Timson St,
Lynn, MA 01902
Phone 781-598-0523
hdlthqtrs@aol.com

He's been in business a long time and specializes in headlight parts for 1939 and earlier vehicles.

I've also found some of these parts on eBay, but they are few and far between.

Pete