Alternative Clutch Assembly for P15

Silverdome

Does anyone know of an alternative clutch assembly that will fit my P15? I am wanting to install an overdrive transmission from a '52 Plymouth and thought I would go ahead and put in a new clutch assembly because my old one is weak and out of adjustment space. Those assemblies that are called for the original are in the neighborhood of $350.00 or more for the pilot bushing, TO bearing, pressure plate and clutch plate. But you can pick up a new assembly for a similar year Chevy for about $200.00 less.

As always any and all help appreciated.

Give a call to these guys.

Don Coutney recommended them often as I have several times myself.

Tennessee Clutch and Brake.

About 6 years ago I spent about $20 to ship clutch and disc to them. They called about 4 -5 days later and said it was done and on they way back. Total with them was just over $110.

That Included the rebuilt pressure plate, relined disc with news springs installed on the disc, new throwout bearing, bushing for the crankshaft And a plastic alignment tool!  OH, ya, that was paid shipping also.

Might be worth a call? Randall Grisham 800-262-5882

Also it May be a help to mention that you are a member of this forum and will post your results here if you do chose to use them.

Not sure the attached will open so added more info phone # etc.

DJ

9-8-0421.webp

Edited by DJ194950
add info
  • Like 1

I have a very gently used friction d(sc and pressure plate that came out of my p15 when i I swapped to my 230 I got new stuff.  The pressure plate is in real good condition and the disc has about 3 seasons ofd driving on it.  Less the 10 k miles.  Don't know what it would cost to ship them but if you are interested send pm to discuss pricing and etc.

I know the slant 6's used the same diameter disc, but the spline count is different.  Don;t know if the bolt pattern on the flywheel is the same for the pressure plate, but somewhere I have a slant six flywheel.  When I pull my engine I will see how the 51's clutch package fits the slant six flywheel.  Not holding my breather though.  Years ago, when I was stilll stationed in San Diego, local clutch rebuilders could do any clutch.  Not sure if that;s an option anymore.