First Drive

dwest999

Hey forum friends.  After several weeks of works, lots a new parts, and some advice from you all I got my 54 Dodge Meadowbrook out of the garage and on the road today.  First time the car has been driven in many years.  

CA5838CB-65B2-4E6F-AB74-7A8C0C07BE7B.jpeg

• Like 3

I hope you greased all the fittings and made sure the lube had penetrated before driving.

BTW,don't forget to check the steering box for grease.

Edited by knuckleharley

Your car is licensed in Big Horn County, Hardin is county seat, and is in the Crow Indian reservation. Hardin is 14 miles North of the Little Bighorn Battlefield. Looks pretty straight, I’d jack up the front and flush out both sides of the frame and clean the mud out of the body sill braces. My P15 that was from Butte,MT, had packed dirt in the outboard braces that I got out and drilled a drain hole at the low end. My P15 from Trinidad,CO had red mud that rusted the metal a lot and needed repair to floor, sills and braces. I don’t know the construction of your car, but it’s what I had to deal with before.

Cool! The first cruise is always awesome; especially if it makes it back home without a tow truck. So far my last two drives have resulted in calls to AAA. Alternator died on one and a new freeze plug popped out on the next trip.