56 dodge royal

Bbdakota

She got some new shoes! Diamondback Auburn premium radials. The bias ply tires on it has date codes from 2000 and 2001. Rode bad (might have been able to balance them but I didn't try), follow groves in the road. The radials are a huge improvement. 

20200703_115059_copy_1008x756.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Well, cruisin the coast is next week! AC has been installed. We took the car for a long cruise with a car club last weekend as a test run. Car did great except for an ignition slip every now and then that I haven't figured out yet. Things done so far, new points (old ones were burn pretty bad) new plug wires (old ones was the ones on the car when I got it and starting to show cracks here and there). The distributor cap and rotor are not that old, cap looks new bur rotor is looking well used. I pulled one plug and it looks like the carb is spot on. I'll take extra ignition parts but it seems more of an annoyance than anything. Just a skip of fire now  and then while sitting at a light with the car in gear and foot on the brake. 

20200823_101554_copy_756x1008.jpg

20200901_170253_copy_756x1008.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 7 months later...

Wow! It's been a while since I gave an update. 

The ac leaked down so I had a local shop re-crimp the lines I made and replaced the dryer, so far so good. The ignition skip was solved by installing a  cd ignition box and only using the points ad a trigger. I used blade connectors so I can switch it back to points in minutes....and that proved to be a good move one night when the condenser caused the ignition box to quit working. Otherwise, the car has been great! I'm back working on my 58 Plymouth. The transmission is going into limp mode when it tries to go into 3rd gear, fluid smells and looks bad so I found another transmission. Going to try it this weekend. Getting close to time to hand it to a painter. 

20210515_134023_copy_1008x756.jpg

• Like 1