Looking for body mounting rubber?

MarcDeSoto

Can you replace the body mounts by just unscrewing the bolts and nuts and jacking the car body up a couple inches?  

I heard the open cars don't have rubber body mount because of the extra flexing of a convertible body.  

Not sure about the count but you can get them on eBay. The company is in Modesto  Ca.

i just replaced my rubber body mount on my 1951 Plymouth Cranbrook some modifications maybe needed on the rubber to fit right.

Yes, just break your bolts loose on both sides leaving some threads on one side but removing them totally on the side you are working on. Put a 4x4 Wood block about a foot or longer on your floor jack. Just inside the frame on the under body. Jack it up so you can remove the bolt so you can replace the old rubber. After just leave bolts loose do the other side then tighten them down.

• 4 weeks later...

i purchased some for a 1949 plymouth special deluxe from robertsmotorparts

do you happen to know what size the bolts are. mine were striped or broken

Thanks dave