Lets see pic of your trucks

Ken_Hart

1 hour ago, stihl1 said:

?yes , will work on re-sizing and rotating , then get to work on the truck

Holy~Cow, I didn't mean anything about your pictures. What I meant is, that rig will sure draw a lot of attention. Turn some heads. Wasn't trying to be a smart-aleck. 

Hello all. I am a new member that has not posted much. Bad me. I should be doing more. I wanted to add my trucks to this thread (old bad pix’s) as I love seeing the pictures and reading all. In 1972 I bought this ‘48 B-1b as a 17 yr old. I loved that truck. My mom made me sell it when a 64 1/2 mustang also came my way. “No teenage kid is going to have 2 cars at this house. Make up your mind young man” my mother said. I reluctantly sold it after 2 yrs. I missed it so bad I found the ‘36 in the paper and bought it. Drove it home. My mother ate “crow”.  I still have the ‘36 but whenever I see a pilot house I smile. This forum makes me smile.  Rodney 

E79706E9-23C0-43AC-AC05-11EA40825570.jpeg

• Like 5

So pretty much done, all the hard work is behind me. Rear brakes need a going over,and in spring it will get somewhat knocked apart and a coat of clear. I sure had a lot of fun doing this, and managed to keep my plan in line right to the end. I want to do another one. 

F139C35C-FD05-4EDB-BED4-C07797889EB8.jpeg

31C23C3D-85A9-43F9-AE79-2D26FB6D0BA8.jpeg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, 1965val said:

Here is a picture of my 1937 Fargo purchased in 1937by the city of Charlottetown truck has always been on pei. I purchased the truck in late December 2020 

That sure is a nice one!

BTW,what is "pei"?

33 minutes ago, 1965val said:

I just finished redoing the wood bed . Truck has a dodge tailgate looking for a Fargo hard to come by. I don’t think it has the right rear fenders either  will post a couple of pictures F92DB17F-D1D1-4CC2-900F-42BA273E5228.jpeg.bb35b885379d5489c20df95100746dff.jpeg

Those are 39-47 rear fenders. Yours should be a little more swoopy like the fronts

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 1965val said:

Prince Edward Island smallest province in Canada.

Thanks for the explanation!

Ya had me wondering....

13 hours ago, 1965val said:

Ya I was thinking they were of a newer model pretty hard to find original parts around here.

I suspect it is pretty hard to find original Fargo body parts in good condition anywhere.

I suspect your best bet on the tailgate would be to get some master metal mechanic to make a panel for you with the "Fargo" stamped in that you can weld into the tailgate you have now.

Or mo betta,into a rough and rusty tailgate you don't mind cutting up so you can sell your pristine tailgate to someone needing one.

That way you get to save a good one while gaining a good one AND reducing your cost at the same time. Win-win for everybody.

Edited by knuckleharley

17 minutes ago, Dodgeed said:

You've got a beautiful looking truck. Nice!

No kidding. He has me envious,and that almost never happens.