Lets see pic of your trucks

Ken_Hart

Finally picked up my B-1-J from the storage lot its been sitting in for a year and a half. Replaced the plugs and it runs so much smoother. Need to rebuild the carb but no auto parts stores have a kit for it. Engine is a 251  from a 62' Powerwagon and is mated to the original 5 speed. It was an old grain truck with a dump bed in southern Idaho. 

Now onto the brakes but I gotta find a heavier duty jack for this large hunk of metal!

Heading Home.jpg

• Like 6

23 hours ago, Haydenh said:

Finally picked up my B-1-J from the storage lot its been sitting in for a year and a half. Replaced the plugs and it runs so much smoother. Need to rebuild the carb but no auto parts stores have a kit for it. Engine is a 251  from a 62' Powerwagon and is mated to the original 5 speed. It was an old grain truck with a dump bed in southern Idaho. 

Now onto the brakes but I gotta find a heavier duty jack for this large hunk of metal!

Heading Home.jpg

Looks great!  Glad you were able to bring it home ?

Picked up a project from the in-laws.  From the model number on the plate is a 1951 B3-F 152, so it's a 1 1/2 ton.  Big plans!  4-53t Detroit diesel, NV4500 transmission and updated axles from a F350, I know it's not a restore but keeping the frame, body and hopefully the rims to keep the look.  Custom build a flat bed eventually.  Someone moved the axle rearward, and the axle hangers do not appear to be the same as the 1/2 ton versions, are these available anywhere?  Lots of stuff for smaller trucks available.  Thanks for this site!  It's awesome so far.

D226F762-51BB-49B9-A0AD-13F53A286E0C.jpeg

• Like 1

Barring any problems this should be in my garage tomorrow. Camaro clip with pb and ps. Unknown GM rear. And a Buick 350. I guess it's the Hodge Podge Dodge.985822146_56Dodge.jpg.ff39e432185dd42d0f8a843eb1e7a015.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Yes this is a 4 speed with what I believe is the original engine & transmission.  It has just under 48,000 miles.  The only modernization are seat belts, turn signals (LED), 2nd brake light, and west coast(JR) mirrors.  These were added so that I felt safe driving it on Houston's streets.

• Like 2

Great looking truck. I like comparing yours to my '51. I've been thinking about the same modernizations you've done, as not having turn signals seems somewhat dangerous. Ditto for not having a passenger side mirror. Mine does, however, have a second, and third, in the window, brake light. That made me feel a little safer. ?

• 2 weeks later...