Lets see pic of your trucks

Ken_Hart

Wayne, Great looking truck. Are those speakers between the rear windows?

Yes, that is where the speakers are, and the bull bar is  there to protect the front end as I would have a time trying to find a new grill & panels I think.

Thankyou for your comments.

Hi! Don't really know if this is right place to put pics my 1953 Fargo but here we go.

Just this week i bought former firetruck. Only 38000 km on odo.

Probably will ask lots of stupid questions before i can get first smoke out of the engine. There is three flat six engines. hopefully can get on of them runnin

Hi Teemu.

Looks like you and I are on the same path.

I am yet to find out if mine will "blow smoke" as well but wll know soon.

Good luck.

Wayne  Love that grill and brush bar

On a business trip to Australia many years ago and marveled at the number of regular passenger cars that had brush bars/brush guards on them. I mentioned it to one of the people at the site I was working at and he asked what the heck I was talking about. We went out to the parking lot and I pointed out the brush guards and he said something like "Oh, you mean 'roo bars'." (Not sure of the spelling of roo.)

Thanks Guys.

The term roo bar comes from kangaroo, every week I see cars damaged by them, up north, they have roos & cattle, so the most coomon name for them is "Bull Bar"

I have heard that they made an automatic transmissions for the dodge truck, are they able to be found? and if so, what kind of dollars are they.

I have a 3 speed on the floor, and a spare gearbox, but both are very average in first gear(noisy). also looking for a starter motor, mine died and the auto electrician said he could not fix.

any suggestions would be most appreciative.

• 2 weeks later...

They were rims off of a ford exploder that were kind of a greyish colour, I had them blasted and powder coated hemi orange, closest I could come to my $9.99/can orange armour coat paint. I love how they turned out with the exception they didn't clean them properly before powder coat and there is small bits of sand under the finish....downside as well....I have to keep my truck orange, or shell out another $400 to do the rims again

truck picture B-1-D-126: 

running water to trees this morning, and this li'l stinker stumbled out of the bushes...I knew what was coming next and knew that I wasn't going to be fast enough to escape the cloud, so I thought I'd capture the moment :eek:

post-2888-0-02502200-1408803630_thumb.jpg

Edited by JBNeal
revised information
  • Like 2

pictured is my neighbor's dog from over the hill, he comes moseying around whenever he hears the 1-ton get fired up.  By the time I spotted the approaching hazard & hopped on the brakes, he was almost nose to nose with this varmint, which prompted my dog in the back of the truck to start to scramble to get out.  Them two dogs had the thing bracketed and were barking their heads off, so I eased past with the truck and then *POOF* we all got gassed.  I've got the truck baking in the 100F sun while I water trees, and the driver side is still considerably more stout than the rest of the truck 7 hours later X[

post-2888-0-18550300-1408816919_thumb.jpgpost-2888-0-82437200-1408816946_thumb.jpg

We don't have skunks in Aus but in my yard I have 3 ferrets (pets and for catching rabbits). An entire male buck ferret can release a "bomb" too but i don't believe it is as terminal as a skunk "bomb".

BTW...what environmental purpose do skunks serve??

We don't have skunks in Aus but in my yard I have 3 ferrets (pets and for catching rabbits). An entire male buck ferret can release a "bomb" too but i don't believe it is as terminal as a skunk "bomb".BTW...what environmental purpose do skunks serve??

Put one in a popcorn box and get the wisconSIN school mascot...right Merle?

BTW...what environmental purpose do skunks serve??

From Wikipedia...

Skunks are omnivorous, eating both plant and animal material and changing their diets as the seasons change. They eat insects and larvae, earthworms, grubs, small rodents, lizards, salamanders, frogs, snakes, birds, moles and eggs. They also commonly eat berries, roots, leaves, grasses, fungi and nuts.

In settled areas, skunks also seek garbage left by humans. Less often, skunks may be found acting as scavengers, eating bird and rodent carcasses left by cats or other animals. Pet owners, particularly those of cats, may experience a skunk finding its way into a garage or basement where pet food is kept. Skunks commonly dig holes in lawns in search of grubs and worms.

Skunks are one of the primary predators of the honeybee, relying on their thick fur to protect them from stings. The skunk scratches at the front of the beehive and eats the guard bees that come out to investigate. Mother skunks are known to teach this behavior to their young.

Edited by Merle Coggins