Lets see pic of your trucks

Ken_Hart

I've never seen them in any of the part books....nice add to tie stuff down for a daily user

Edited by ggdad1951

I have a few that look like that. Don't plan on using them. Even though I also have the stainless chains I do think about displaying the original chains from time to time. I'm pretty sure they had split links riveted together. There seems to be very little documentation on our truck beds and some of the optional equipment like both types of the spare tire holders. Also the fender step is something you don't see too often. 

03_zps750aca22.jpg

Thanks for the photo,

Hank :)  

P.S. Does anyone know where those two "Z" shaped brackets in the foreground go ?

Edited by HanksB3B

If you are referring to those two "Z" brackets, they attach / ground the bed to the frame and mine are about 18" from the rear end of the frame. However, I ran a #10 wire from the bed to the frame with nice new holes and metal screws. Until I did that, my tail lights wouldn't work. Bad ground, poor or no tail lights. 

Two metal screws and a # 10 wire. Attach anywhere that is easy. I attached from the end of the frame to the bed end plate. If you look closely, just to the right of the "Classic Trucks" sticker is the head of the stove bolt to which one end of the #10 wire is connected.  For the braces, the holes should exist, just clean off enough paint to get a good contact.  My tail lights would not work until I grounded the bed to the frame. 

Tailgatewithreflectors_zpscdbc7ecc.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Here's some of my '48 B1B (these are from about 8 months ago)

Has a '53-ish nose on it (wish it still had the correct nose, the 53 nose was on it when I bought it), and I didn't have the parking lights for the 53 Nose or a Grille, so I improvised on both of those items. Someday I want to put the correct nose on the truck, but it doesn't matter right now. I'll be happy to drive it in the spring.

Frame was also damaged at the front (Bumper mount area), the Mounts were missing for a long time apparently and the previous owner WELDED the bumper to the frame and then must have hit something with it. Because when I bought the truck, the front bumper was laying in the bed, with about a 2" chunk of frame still stuck to it on each side.  You can also see in the Rear pictures, where the previous owner had the Rear Bumper tilted (slotted the holes in the bumper brackets) so it didn't block the license plate.  When I installed the new lights, I relocated the license plate so I can return the Rear Bumper to the correct position

Before : 

S5000078.jpg

IMG_0288_zpsbe4a3d10.jpg

After :

IMG_0285_zpsdd06f591.jpg

IMG_0291_zps3965468b.jpg

Not shown in the pictures, but I pulled the both frame rails to the right (they had been tweaked to the left when the bumper had been ripped off), and made new bumper brackets (in the After picture the bumper was just hanging on the end of the frame)

And this one spends about 50% of its time running around on 16" Pilothouse Wheels.

IMG_0484_zpsb20f1be9.jpg

The other 50% of the time, it looks like this...

IMG_0238_zpsaaac474e.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

truck picture B-1-B-108 + B-1-D-126:

I took the '48 & '49 out today, couldn't remember exactly when the last time I drove'm around so figgered it was about time to shake some of the dirt out :cool:

post-2888-0-69475900-1398574426_thumb.jpgpost-2888-0-63767400-1398574492_thumb.jpg

Edited by JBNeal
revised information

• 2 months later...

Hi! Don't really know if this is right place to put pics my 1953 Fargo but here we go.

Just this week i bought former firetruck. Only 38000 km on odo.

Probably will ask lots of stupid questions before i can get first smoke out of the engine. There is three flat six engines. hopefully can get on of them running.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-rYZ7mQrFn6Y/U8fFpei0NQI/AAAAAAAAAC0/bxB_MHDfkD8/w1510-h851-no/20140715_007.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-rJ0lvSrNgqA/U8fFjNrolvI/AAAAAAAAACc/1vDISx93R-8/w1510-h851-no/20140715_004.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-8gXE5_ybMVc/U8fFcOjAJCI/AAAAAAAAACE/hYXRuxtURo4/w1510-h851-no/20140715_003.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-vRSAUBlSIGg/U8fFee5Mg9I/AAAAAAAAACU/adaOOhWvoak/w1510-h851-no/20140715_001.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

post-7088-0-64624600-1406577818_thumb.jpgpost-7088-0-36966800-1406577850_thumb.jpg

Here are my two photos of the 1952 Dodge B-3-B pickup I purchased a few weeks ago ...

The engine runs but I need to fix the fuel tank ... no fuel coming out of the fuel tank now after being parked in barn for 7 years.

Phil

• Like 1

The month- day- year is cast into the head and driver side of the block. 218

Thanks, after I read this I went back to the engine head and under the coil mounting bracket is where I found it.

So between the engine serial number and the head date it looks like my engine is not the original but is from a 1953 B4B. The B3B was last produced in May 1953.

Phil

Fernando, that truck belongs, or belonged, to ToddB's. Now that I think about it I haven't seen any activity from him here in a long time. Todd lives just a couple hour drive north of me and I've seen that truck in person. The inside is done up in beautiful knotty pine with a bed and small kitchen area. It would make a nice little camper/motorhome. I know he had it for sale on one time. He might have sold it by now. He would decorate it up with Halloween stuff and park it as advertisement for his Amazement Park business. His web site says it's now closed. I guess the poor economy hasn't been good for him. http://www.marionamazementpark.com/

He also had this truck on display at the park. He purposly cut the frame and rewelded it to appear bent. The rear wheels were up on stands and a motor kept the wheels turning like he had just ran into the water tower. I wonder what he's done with that truck now?

PB030361.jpg

(gulp) Hope mine is straighter when it's done!

Splice004