Lets see pic of your trucks

Ken_Hart

• 3 months later...

First light caught at sunrise?, last light caught at sunset?.

Great picture Paul. It reminds me of the 2011 trip to the Bonneville Saltflats with "The Brick".

My son and I were having some difficultly with the fuel pump, ignition and handling. With just the two of us...it was frustrating to say the least. Right next to us was a huge number of students from Utah Valley University. They were from the Auto program and had brought a tricked out El Camino. Of course they had to many hands and I didn't have enough. lol. With all the heat, blood, sweat, and tears....I yelled (with a smile) to their pit area...."How bout ya stop looking my way and get your butt over here and show me you're not wasting your parents money! " lol.....got a good laugh from everyone...we met...talked..worked...and took a cool picture. I must have had about 15 cameras in my hands to get a picture for everyone.

48D

post-340-0-08699900-1388358971_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Well, everybody, Here is my Wrecker-to-Be! I grew up in a truck shop from 56 on, and my Dad and Granddad only used Mopar for shop trucks as well as personal vehicles! Great, Now it wont let me post pics!

Oh, well at least I got it no as my profile pic!

Thanks. I can't take credit for the choices made thus far. I'm mainly trying to pick up where the previous owner left off. Restoring a heater, got Keven Patty to refinish the gauges, and getting things fixed so she can be a daily driver. having loads of fun " tinkering" with my toy.

As I'm still restoring my '48, I thought I'd put up a few of my former Dodges for fun (a few of my 1980s bachelor years trucks).  The '25 had a strong flathead four with a silent start combination starter/generator.  Paid around $1000, sold it for $3000.  That's a '37 Ford behind it.  The '35 was a beaut, all original, steel bed, hydraulic brakes, a fun daily driver.  Bought it for $2200, sold it for $3500.  The '52 looks pretty much like my '48 with the longer bed and side mount.  Thought it was a 1/2 ton, could it have been a 3/4 like my '48?  Paid $600 for it, put in a new battery, gas, oil, and air and off I went.  Drove it for a long time without so much as a tune-up as I recall, was very impressed with its durability.  Sold it for $2000.  Shoulda kept them all. 

post-6296-0-70320100-1388859088_thumb.jpg post-6296-0-24307800-1388859104_thumb.jpg post-6296-0-23306900-1388859129_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rguy
  • Like 1

Bob,

Super Nice Truck Welcome! Would you mind taking a close up of one of the the hooks along the bed. I inherited a few, not sure they are original and want to compare them to yours.

Thanks,

Hank  :)

Thanks, Hank. Here is a close-up of one of the hooks. I have no reason to think they are necessarily original, but I do like the look of them. they were on the truck when I got it. Hopefully you can see the hook well. I took it from the shady side, but it's awfully bright out.

post-5965-0-07100200-1388854913_thumb.jpg