Lets see pic of your trucks

Ken_Hart

You didn’t, you just showed us a survivor that members couldn’t help but to remark about. Most posts don’t get a response like yours, just a like. I worked at a transfer Co. that had a Mayflower contract. So I drove a few pre 70’s trucks. Because your truck is so high, it was probably used mostly for dock work. Just to appease Watash, here’s a truck picture. Rick D.

57937F41-D6EE-4A64-A271-DDDAB996516D.jpeg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 9 foot box said:

You didn’t, you just showed us a survivor that members couldn’t help but to remark about. Most posts don’t get a response like yours, just a like. I worked at a transfer Co. that had a Mayflower contract. So I drove a few pre 70’s trucks. Because your truck is so high, it was probably used mostly for dock work. Just to appease Watash, here’s a truck picture. Rick D.

57937F41-D6EE-4A64-A271-DDDAB996516D.jpeg

You are absolutely correct on that! I just didn't want to go into the whole story. Thanks for setting it straight for me! Are you redoing this truck?

10 hours ago, Larr991 said:

Anytime you want, let me know. I will tell you the whole story on this truck, and why it only has that many miles. Understood this was for pictures only, and it kind of got carried too far. Also have a 46 chevy 2 ton with 30,000 miles on it, can tell you why and what about that. For your info we ran the east coast, moving. Maybe one of the moderators can delete my whole section here. Sorry if i caused any disruption here.

It can stay....I suggest a thread dedicated to your big boy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...

This is the original paint on the truck and I’m going to keep it. Can’t afford full bodywork and paint. Zoom in on the picture of the door of the truck. You’ll see the word vehicle was originally misspelled and was later corrected but you can still see the outline of CLE where it was moved to insert the I. That is one of the reasons it’s not getting painted over it. I’ve already used penetrol on the body and it looks good. I’ll be using it on the rusty fenders also. I did a test patch and it looks great. 

Oh that truck looks outstanding in black !   In 1973 a guy named Dave had a ‘47 faded black 1/2 ton. I had my ‘48 beige 3/4 ton. We both worked in a lumberyard and at closing time we would race our trucks home dn I-80 in Sacramento at 8:15 pm. Good times   I would not race your truck.  Ha

Absolutely beautiful!!!  Mine is all stock as well including the nonsyncro 4 speed transmission. Everything on the drivetrain has been gone through and new shocks and complete braking system. Hope to have it running this spring. 

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, dgrinnan said:

I got the bed installed.  Body is finally done.  Just need to complete wiring the lights, turn signals and wipers. 

Park1Small.jpg

Park2Small.jpg

Sure is pretty!

Beautiful. Do you have pictures of the engine bay?  It would help me putting mine back together. 

Question. Where does the vacuum hose from the carburetor manifold connect to? The Carter carb on my 53 B4D doesn't have that brass fitting with the hose. Instead it is blocked off with a cap.

That’s supposed to go to the vacuum advance. My distributor doesn’t have a vacuum advance so I’m going to cap my fitting with a screw in plug instead of a plugged hose. 

Just now, 53 B4D said:

Question. Where does the vacuum hose from the carburetor manifold connect to? The Carter carb on my 53 B4D doesn't have that brass fitting with the hose. Instead it is blocked off with a cap.

A guess would  be for vacuum wipers? On my B1B the vacuum advance from distributor goes to the carburetor.

Do you have a vacuum advance?

The vacuum connection on the manifold is for the wipers.

Do you have vacuum or electric wipers in 53? .... I imagine a vacuum operated 2spd rear end might use that port

That is for a 1949 23" 218 in a 1/2 ton truck ..... Big trucks have different vacuum options.

On 5/9/2023 at 1:28 PM, 53 B4D said:

1-tons rarely had the vacuum advance distributors.

• 2 months later...

This is one i found in its last habitat,price was fair so i grabbed it. 4” roof chop and set up for small block chevy. Front end may be dakota, havent identified it yet. Owner started on it,and lost interest and traded it for something else. Im on the fence whether i carry on with someone else’s vision or plunk body onto a 4wd chassis i have. 

IMG_4471.jpeg